Album you are supposed to Love but you just hate it

I think that their early stuff was much better then their later things. Though I quite like some of their later tracks.

Tracks here and there are ok but I really don’t enjoy a whole album except Task that is.

Would that be elephant tasks ?, sorry Pete couldn’t resist

1 Like

Yeah, but then again…Should I even bother?:rofl::joy::rofl::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tony I always respect your opinion, I can no longer completely guilt free listen to Dire Straits any more thanks to you. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Glad, you’re listening. Now, those speakers…:sunglasses:

Yes I know they’re magic aren’t they. They do cause me some problems I’d like to replace them but they seem to hit their sweet spot with the 250.

Oh, child. You will come to your senses one of these days! :pray:

1 Like

I still live in the ‘Sham!

Perfect ! I wasn’t sure what to put on next.
I’m going for OK Computer ! Love it

1 Like

Took me years- it was the slowest of slow burns but finally I got it. These are two of my favourite albums now

I have been ensconced in SW London (Wandsworth mostly) for the past 31 years. Most of the family/friends I had around Lee Green/Mottingham, Blackheath, Forest Hill etc have either died or moved away…

Moved to London in 1988 and have always lived in the Sham. First New Cross, then Brockley and Sydenham for last 22 years

This reminds me of when I started working in London in 1986. We lived in sunny South Norwood and I’d either travel on the train from Norwood Junction to London Bridge via Sydenham and Forest Hill, or get the train and then the bus to Brixton Hill. It was a good place to live for a couple of years.

It’s odd to see in this thread that people actively dislike Steely Dan. I discovered them at school when the albums were coming out and have loved them ever since. On the other hand some of the stuff I listened to in the 70s I now cannot abide. ELP is the best example of this - I just have to leave the room it’s so upsetting. Then there’s their pale imitators, the appalling Porcupine Tree. I know it’s supposed to be good but it just sounds like self indulgent nonsense to me.

3 Likes

Over the Christmas/NY break I’ve been doing a job I’ve been putting off. Namely organising my 800 LP record collection, some of which go back to when I was a teenager. It’s fair to say my musical tastes have evolved and as I sorted them thoughts like “what was I thinking buying this?” popped up. Bands like Uriah Heep, Beth Orton and King Crimson now leave me cold. Steely Dan however was such a discovery at the time and I still enjoy them.

2 Likes

Anything by ELP or Yes :confounded::confounded:

1 Like

Then there’s this one by Love, which we are also supposed to love but some I know love to hate.

Have it your own way, loves.

Love_-_forever_changes

1 Like

Anything by The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Yes, Kate Bush, Stone Roses and anything by Miles after and including Bitches Brew, anything by Coltrane after Love Supreme, and Ornette Coleman to name a few.

1 Like

Ornette Coleman was a genius!

G

4 Likes

People say that about Shaun Ryder.