All I want for Christmas is a.... (2020 Edition)

…apart from a Dukla Prague away kit - what else are we expecting from our favourite friend in Red?

I’ve managed to secure a NDX2 and I’m over the moon. I’m hoping (all fingers and toes crossed) will be with me for the holidays. I was planning to get one during summer 2021 but managed to find a good deal and took the plunge, I cannot wait!

So, what are you all wanting/expecting/wishing for?

4 Likes

I’m hoping for some David Mellor Chelsea butter knives. We have a £50 limit this year.

5 Likes

I have just moved house and my “to do” list is very long, so for me just a few days away from that list will do just fine.

1 Like

A new console hopefully

1 Like

I already bought my Xmas present to myself; a pair of Goodyear “diamond” Sure Grip vintage tractor tyres for the Fordson Dexta I’m finishing restoring.

10 Likes

I hear you.

Whilst I’ve not moved house, my then girlfriend (now wife) moved into my house a couple of years ago - prior to this, two of my good friends were living with me. Two years later I’ve just finished all the jobs she gave me as she moved in - it was never ending.

House looks lovely now though, so all worth it!

3 Likes

I love this, that’s a ‘proper’ present to oneself :+1:

@HansomSamson hopefully a game or two as well? I remember when I was much younger getting a console and no games! Had to wait until after boxing day :frowning:

1 Like

Digressing that reminds me of when it was revealed that Dennis Skinner had an affair with his political researcher and they asked the lads at the Bolsover Miners Club what they though of MP having an affair and the reply was “don’t mind MP having affair with researcher providing she’s not wearing Chelsea kit whilst she doing it”!

2 Likes

I bought my Xmas present last week: pair of ASICS Cumulus 22 for the training day’s.
The rest of the budget was used to buy a Lego’s Millenium Falcon to my kid.

2 Likes

As we have done for many years we shall be ignoring Xmas ourselves and asking family to donate to our chosen charities instead of gifts. This year mine are Shelter (homeless) and Refuge (domestic violence). Sadly our families find this concept baffling so they usually ignore it. We shall just donate ourselves.

Sometimes we buy the house a present but not this year. It had a new boiler last winter!

Bruce

9 Likes

Well said (aNd done) sir

1 Like

I should point out we have no kids and my wife is Jewish.

We generally spend Xmas apart visiting our respective very frail and elderly parents. So six hours each way in the car for me, and a sandwich in the Travelodge on Xmas night. Her Orthodox Jewish Dad isn’t going to be a riot either!

I long since gave up thinking of Xmas as anything other than a total write off. I often worked it of choice so others had it with their kids etc.

Bruce

2 Likes

My present to myself was a LP12, Cirkus, Lingo and Ittok LVII.
It was a combined beat the COVID Blues and Christmas present.

5 Likes

Some good new tenants. COVID has really messed up my year. No one is safe but things are looking up!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ll echo that, everyone please be safe! We all have to be around to comment on the merits of the updated 272.2 in the coming year. haha

4 Likes

You’re a believer… :sweat_smile::+1:

1 Like

I’m pretty happy where I’m at just looking forward to reading all the comments that’s all.

2 Likes

You have a SN3. To take advantage of a 272.2 you’ll ( ideally) need a 250dr . Meaning you’ll have to change everything except the wonderful D2r pair. Try not to think too much: your wallet will thank you. :sweat_smile::joy::+1:

2 Likes

Read this after post mine, sorry.

2 Likes