Any Zeppelin Fans Out There.....?

Ever wondered…

I watched the third episode, nothing special really, since some of the video is such poor quality. What annoyed me was right away the guy jumps right into asking for donations, give him likes etc. This is when I usually bail on videos, everyone wants to be a YouTube star.:pensive:

1 Like

I did a bit of my LP’s inner sleeve back in the mists of time, but never finished it. I well remember those “Magic Painting” books from when I was a kid, and they always ended up waterlogged and soggy! I thought that “soggy” might not be such a good idea for a record sleeve :grin:

My LP has what I believe is known as the C cover, like the one in the video.
My CD has what I believe is the A cover.

Should have bought the Japanese SHM boxset, then you’d have got them all! :joy:

s-l400

1 Like

LOL, that would follow on from
(a) my complete set of original LPs
(b) my complete set of CDs, plus extras like How The West Was Won
(c) my complete set of Jimmy Page remasters.

I’ve done my bit, including queuing for 4 hours** for tickets to the Manchester Hardrock gig in ‘72 - middle of row 2 :).

**not to mention the additional time needed to copy my mate’s notes for the four lectures that I’d skipped to go queuing.

Young people of today…pah….I do feel their pain of having to sit in a Interweb queue in the comfort of their homes with frequent cups of coffee……no sitting outside in freezing December weather for them! [/RANT]

2 Likes

Mind you, if you can land that SHM boxset, there’s a few of us on here who reckon it’s the best sounding Zep available.

Sadly, since the time of it’s release, from CD Japan, the price has gone through the roof, and one must be wary of lots of knock-off copies doing the rounds. :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the best-sounding digital Zeps, there are indeed a fair few on here who’d agree Dave, and I’m one of 'em. No idea why they sound so good – as far as anyone knows they are just the bog-standard George Marino masters…

1 Like

In episode 3 at 9:15, looks like Paul Kossoff. But he wasn’t alive in 77. Unless it’s filler footage.

Ep. 4:

The Yardbirds, with JP:

I’ve not seen Page playing his mirrored Telecaster before. During the violin bow section, I notice that he’s missing an A-string.

1 Like

Really…? You know that it later became the Dragon Tele - and later still its pickups got ruined, by someone giving it a repaint, without asking Page.

Modern replica:

Possibly the Stairway solo guitar… :thinking:

Yes, I’ve seen the Dragon, but not the mirrored one. I wasn’t aware it had been the same guitar. He also uses a brown one with a ParsonsWhite string bender.

1 Like

The Brown Tele came along later - and has the B-Bender fitted.

It may have the Dragon Tele’s neck on it, reports have suggested (after removal, post paint job).

969c10d9485b93d6d96316fe62e70abf

Next part:

I blow so “Hot” & “Cold” with LZ.
I have Vinyl, CD’s, original mixes & collectors edition reissues.
I really dislike the new(ish) Jimmy Page remixed/reissues. For me there is one to one and a half good albums in all of the Albums!:grimacing:
( I am now bracing for the backlash:face_with_peeking_eye:)

1 Like

Begs the question why you’ve bought so many variants of the same thing ?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:
That is a huge question that I have no reasonable answer for.
1st justification; I have owned the original albums for many years.
When the reissues came out, my wonderful wife decided it would be really nice to buy them for me.
2nd justification; what predominately rock based record collection is complete without the full set?
(YES, I have all the live ones too​:man_facepalming:t2::rofl:)

I was,still have the ticket stub. Great gig!

1 Like

My wife and I love LZ and while we go through phases with music, we definitely get into a Led Zepp phase and play their catalog.

Of all the concerts I’ve seen probably the ONE I’m happiest to have seen was that “Page & Plant” tour in March 1995. Because I never saw Led Zepp.

1 Like