Anyone Going on Holiday?

We’re going up north for a few weeks. Goodness knows they need the business.

Be nice to have some new surroundings and a break from our own cooking!

You?

G

1 Like

I live in London but off to Devon for a week tomorrow morning. Booked in January!

3 Likes

Luckily we have a week away in Holt, Norfolk end of July. Just hope people are sensible and don’t go crazy and get us back into another lockdown.
We are in a holiday cottage, a few more restrictions than normal, but understandable.

1 Like

Costa del Southampton-Portsmouth for us this year. SWMBO is still technically “in lockdown”

2 Likes

St Ives in Cornwall at end of the month🙂

Private apartment overlooking beach, The Tate just emailed me to tell me they’re opening that week, taking lots of gin, just in case…

St Ives itself is closing to traffic, I think they’re expecting to be busy…

2 Likes

Me & Mrs H are having our holiday at the end of July, just for a few days.

We’re going to a place nobody else would think of. Far from maddening crowds.

Hull.

3 Likes

…And back?

4 Likes

We did the aquarium in Hull, many, many years ago. We enjoyed it. If it still exists, take a wander round it.

We’re looking at a trip to the Bay of Islands in Spring when Mrs Mike has recovered from her treatment. Can’t go overseas due to the compulsory quarantine on return…

2 Likes

First trip out in the Caravan next week,off to the Lake District,just outside Kendal,New Forest and Northumberland later in the year,freedom and quarantine all in one package if required!

1 Like

Avignon, France, in 3 weeks. Gorges de l’Ardeche, mountains, rivers…sea, nice food.

7 Likes

Kessingland in Suffolk in a couple of weeks. Wooden self-catering lodge. We went last year in a heat-wave and swam in the sea every day. Lots of empty beach with the odd trip to Dunwich and Covehithe. We have a stack of books, if wet. Perhaps a restaurant meal, though we might stick to bottled local beers, rather than the pubs, see how it goes. With Mrs Stokie and two teenage children. Just noticed that Dingle marshes and Minsmere nature reserves are open, so walks and bird watching look good.

4 Likes

Nothing planned yet as shielding and wating to see what happens. Looking forward to more freedom from next week as upto now have only been allowed out for exercise and meet up to on person whilst exercising.

Normally I would have been to Turkey once already and be planning on a return in Sept Oct, think this might not happen this year so might look into exploring the UK a bit more again.

1 Like

We have already cancelled a week in Cornwall in May and a fortnight in France that would have started next Friday. But we also had booked a family holiday week in a couple of farm cottages in Devon at the end of August and that does seem likely to go ahead unless things change before then.

Best

David

We should have been at a finca in South East Majorca from today…

G

I like Avignon, lovely architecture, went to their Jazz festival a few times, long time ago.

2 Likes

We have cancelled 3 weeks in Rhodes, a week in Plockton and a week in Arran so far.

1 Like

I currently have trips arranged to France, Spain and Portugal.
Plus another to the UK that I am not sure about,

just enjoying the beach locally on the odd afternoon off - were supposed to be in New England in late September - but clearly that is still not possible - so probably delayed a year… hopefully the US is under control by then… oh yes we had a nice picnic at Framlingham Castle meadow this week … slowly some sort of normality returning to this part of the UK

4 Likes

I have hankering to go to New England…very nice.

1 Like