Anyone in the UK getting any snow?

Snowed quite heavily here in Kent. No power here either…

1 Like

Best of luck with that, Richard. I’ve been sent pictures from Essex where it looks like 4-6” fell. No power issues touch wood.

We got light dusting in the Oxon/Berks borders in the end. Unexpected, not forecast but made my daughter’s day!

2 Likes

Sunshine and snow in N Wales today.

4 Likes

The weight of the ice and snow has brought down some trees. A small one was blocking the main drive which I’ve now cleared but sad to see a favourite Beech went over in the night…

1 Like

Kent eh! Not too far away in Kent and it’s like this.

Sorry to see that sight Richard but you won’t go short of logs.

Heavens! What a difference.

I used a ruler to measure the depth of the snow on top of one of the cars parked outside - 15cms.

3 Likes

Always a shame to see that, hope you get power back soon.

2 Likes

Heck, that’s a real shame.

2 Likes

We almost got some some snow here in Helsinki…

18 Likes

No snow here either. :grin:

7 Likes

ABC news today reporting snow in some parts of South east Australia

Very nice

1 Like

Heard that apparently there’s every chance some parts may even get a white Christmas.

Well we had snow in June in 75 in the south of England, Genesis even wrote it into a song.

2 Likes

Yes but it’s England and while not expected it wouldn’t have been a surprise. :rofl:

Well I was surprised.

1 Like

While it’s not uncommon to get a dusting of snow in Tasmania in summer when a big South cold front moves across, they’re talking about the alpine areas in Victoria and NSW.

Just watched the BBC weather forecast - it’s going to be 16c here on Monday. Quite a contrast from the bitter conditions today.

I was on my motorbike in Buxton and I was VERY surprised!

Only a bit. But it’s so cold the points have frozen on the railway and there’s not much movement!