Anyone using an OLED TV?

Just bought a LG55G4 last week. Still working my way around the settings etc but very pleased with the picture so far. My old Panasonic Plasma was starting to complain a bit.

Does anyone who owns a LG TV know if its possible to get the LG magic remote to control both the TV and the Sky Q box. The power button on the LG magic remote will switch off TV and Sky Q box but will only power on the TV. I have to go and get the Sky Remote to switch on the Sky Q box not a major problem but would be nice just to use the one remote at least for the main functions

I have a lg c3 and the lg remote will control the sky q box. This should help you to set up universal control

1 Like

Thanks John but the menus are very different and dont see any option for selecting a remote type at all via the device connector menu. Indeed thereā€™s not much available to set via the ā€œmanage settingsā€ option. Iā€™ll keep looking.

Assuming that menu same as c3, go to settings, general,external devices, universal control settings and you set up the port your device is connected to.

I have a 65" Sony OLED , canā€™t remember the model number. Awesome picture.

2 Likes

Yeah I did that but it doesnā€™t allow me to control the Sky Q box from the remote and as you can see from screenshot when I go into manage settings it doesnā€™t allow me to try out and remote settings as where shown on the previous link you kindly sent?

Very odd. Have you tried turning both sky and tv off at the wall and restarting to see if that works? Try via another hdmi input?

not tried turning sky offā€¦will give it a try later. I did try a different HDMI as I was wondering if the Sky box needed to be on the ARC connection but it didnā€™t make any difference

Just tried turning both sky and tv off but no change. The remote controls the LG sound bar perfectly well but not Sky?

Found this

Thanks Johnā€¦Iā€™ve followed various instructions now on the web and spent an hour or so with LG this afternoon but canā€™t get it to work. Not sure they know why itā€™s not working and advised me ā€œto contact the developer of the Sky Box for the Universal Control of this setup boxā€

Been trying to clarify exactly what they expect me to get from Sky without success. Might have to wait for another user with a G4/Sky Q before I can solve this. Might post something up on AV Forums :+1:

Strange. To be clear, mine is not the main sky q box but the mini box and the basic remote ( not the one with shiny playback controls) as it is not our main tv viewing area. Maybe try pairing the basic remote with main box and see if that works? You donā€™t lose a huge amount of functionality.

Thanks Johnā€¦it is very strange anyway I will keep looking for a solution

Avforums good shout. Cannot believe that a g4 owner does not have sky q

That forum has a thread just for g4 owners Iā€™m currently following the g3 version. Should be someone with a similar set up on there

1 Like

lol why? Itā€™s legacy media BS

1 Like

@DanielH do you have any issues with lip syncing, or is there a way to adjust it, cheers

I donā€™t have any issues with lip syncing. I am not aware of a way to adjust it. I will have to check when I get home.

Cheers pal, Iā€™ll get my extra long optical cable out and give it a go!

1 Like

LG G model 55" here and absolutely no Sky Q box - remained with Sky and HD+ - but after the disaster with early Sky Q implementation, friends have had a lot of issue and the forum, a while ago now, was alight with issues.
Here most sky viewing is done via apple tv box - no sub to apple tv itself, but the apple box just works.
Imho works better with several of the third party apps; ymmv!

1 Like