App upgrade to V5.13.1 - Tidal not working

Same problem with my NDX BT since this morning, when using Tidal from ios app on my iPad or Android app on my phone. NDX display shows « Cant’t play ». IRadio and UPnP are working fine so it looks Tidal related.

No, I too tagged him when I did the @ his name in my post to you.
I was concerned that you are involved as a Tidal user, I don’t have much experience & no longer use it.

I write here and I turn to members of Naim Music: It is not at all fair what you are doing with these normal streamer that you have sold in the world (100,000 units!) And that you are still selling, see Mu-so 1. Once purchased then that let’s make? Should we throw them on the garbage? I ask you to provide and if necessary also make firmware changes to the normal current streamer for sale that have problems. It seems to me the least. Thank you.

@anon35986639

This is not a deliberate Naim policy. Something has changed in the Tidal app, I assume totally unbeknown to Naim.

What the resolution is to this is difficult to say. But let’s at least allow Naim to respond first to something that they’re probably totally unaware of until they read this thread!

Yes. Ok you are right and I really hope they solve the problem

@anon35986639 Me too!

I guess we’ll have to give Naim a day or two just to respond before we get ourselves all worked up (trying to stay calm - ommmm, ommmm…). I’ve e-mailed customer support and I assume that I’m not the only one.

Meanwhile I’ve been trying the workarounds and none of them work. I’ve tried connecting my Apple laptop via USB (rummaged through the house for half an hour to find a USB cable, haven’t used those in a while) and it’s completely dead. Nothing. USB doesn’t show up under “system settings” “sound out” (or whatever it’s called in the English version of the OS).

Yes sorry the USB socket only works on the Muso and Muso QB, and with iPhones and iPads.

Yes just tried streaming Tidal to my QB no joy at all. But everything works on my NDX2… very odd.

I have the same issue all working but Tidal from the Naim App? I would have thought by now there would be something on here from support, this is my main source of music, that’s the whole idea of streaming I thought?

I’m not at home at the moment, so I can’t test this, but when similar problems have come up in the past, logging out of Tidal, then logging back in, has sorted it.

Hi ChrisSU

Have done all the normal reboots, nothing on all 3 Naim devices including 272?

That fits with everyone else’s experience. Tidal app update has caused it not to work on Naim streamers with the old streaming platform. @greg has been tagged for comment/investigation.

My NDX BT will not play Tidal streams, but is fine with Spotify and an NAS as sources. A Bluesound Node 2 connected direct to the 282 and on the same wired network plays everything from Tidal, Spotify and the same NAS as sources. Other Bluesound streamers elsewhere in the house and on the same network also play all sources without any problems.

Under the circumstances, I am glad I still have a spare Bluesound device to feed the NAC for the time being.

David

The latest Naim app for Android fails to stream Tidal to my NDX. If I use the BubbleUpnp Android app, Tidal streams without a problem. In my case, it appears the Naim app is likely the culprit.

Well more exactly it’s a conflict/incompatibility between the Naim App and Tidal I guess. Hopefully this will become clearer when Naim look into it. The last update was to Tidal. It has been working with the latest iOS app v5.13.1 until today. But maybe (hopefully!) it just needs something tweaking in the Naim app to bring it into line.

Tidal is screwed on my 172 irrespective of which version of the naim app I’m using on 3 of my Android devices.

This really is beyond a joke naim and you very obviously have not heard of regression testing, or if you have you are choosing to ignore just how important it is to stop fiascos like this.

In simple terms, regression testing is the re-running of a selection of already executed test cases to ensure existing features or functionality have not been affected by a new release. It is a fundamental part of the software development cycle and must be carried out for every release.

Like others, Tidal is my primary source and these problems have been a PITA for too long.

Try setting Tidal to “High” from HiFi
This is done vis the Naim app
Doesn’t sound as good but will get you some music till the issue is solved.

Aah that’s interesting. Another pointer for Naim to go on. Well discovered.

In this case regression testing is irrelevant. The latest versions of the apps worked ok when released - it’s a subsequent change in the Tidal app which has introduced the issue. We don’t know the underlying reason for this yet.