App upgrade to V5.13.1 - Tidal not working

Currently Running NAC-N272,

Loaded playlist and songs selected shows up as ‘cant play’, using Naim integrated Tidal app. 2 days ago everything was running smoothly.

Anyone having the same issue on the same hardware?

Streamer streams perfectly fine on spotify (not ideal)

I can confirm that my NDX BT will play the “High” quality stream, but not the “HiFI” stream from the Naim IOS app.

David

Update, even spotify is lossy, disconnects.

Tidal only runs on ‘high’ quality but still drops half way through the songs… extremely inconsistent steaming.

A week ago everything was superb.

Regression testing is relevant but criticism should be toTidal, not Naim.

Tidal should be regression testing their changes against all clients that use Tidal. There should be a certification program of tested clients and these should be included in the testing of any changes that they make.

There is clearly a wider issue with Tidal, but maybe you also have a network problem if Spotify also drops out?

my nac-n272 refuses to flay anything that is set on ‘hifi’ quality through Naim’s tidal app.

Tried switching to ‘high’ quality, it plays but for 1-2mins and it drops.

LMK if you have the same issue.

I notice Roon have posted the folloiwng information on their forum noticeboard

Playback Issues With Long TIDAL Tracks

“The Roon team is aware of an issue affecting Tidal playback on multiple platforms, including Roon. We have reached out to Tidal with technical feedback and continue to investigate this issue from our end. We will update this thread with further information as it comes in.”

I’ve not experienced any issues with Tidal through Roon although it doesn’t work for me through the Naim app. It does seem that Tidal have screwed something up.

Both Tidal and Spotify was working beautifully a week before. No changes made till the whole ‘cant play’ on ‘hifi’ quality issue we are all facing now.

I’ve emailed Naim directly on this and hopefully they will respond here to let people know what is going on.

Point taken @Steeve but I actually had no idea that the latest version of the app had worked when first released because once I found a stable version of the app I had taken auto-update off my phone and tablet and ignored any new releases.

When the problem started I assumed that something had caused the old version to stop working so I updated my tablet to the latest version…hopefully that won’t bite me in the rear end once the Tidal issue has been resolved…

OK, but I wouldn’t rule out a network issue if you’re having problems with Spotify too. It could just be coincidental, of course, as there is clearly a widespread problem with Tidal and online reports of issues with non-Naim users too, including Roon.

I couldn’t agree more. It is far cheaper to fix problems prior to release than than it is after and a thorough regression testing regime is the only way to achieve that.

I do agree it’s frustrating, whatever the issue is, though.

But then again in the whole spectrum of life’s problems, fairly low down!

Thanks for flagging the issues with us - we are investigating and will update when we know more.

3 Likes

Aaaand… It’s back in the room!

Fantastic response time Greg.

Well done!!

Working here now also. :+1:

Yes working for me also:grinning:

Thanks to everyone involved at Naim , fantastic response time ! :+1:

Can you let us know what caused the issue? I sure the forum would like to know, but thanks for fixing.

1 Like

All fine here (NAC-N 272 & 2 Mu-So’s). No app updates, so a backend/server issue after all ???

Thanks people @ Naim/Tidal for transferring those black boxes from very heavy paperweights to hefty audio components.