Are AudioQuest cables made in China?

I don’t want to return it. I’ve read a lot of good reviews about Cinnamon. I’ll try it.

1 Like

good to know now :smile:

As did I, which is why I was surprised the BJC bested it by so much and for a fraction of the cost. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the inside that is different according my quick Google Images search — but Audioquest might have changed the inside packaging… Not too long ago Sennheiser changed the inside packaging of the HD800S, which freaked out a few people when they thought the bought fake Sennheiser…

Here is the packaging to one of mine if this helps, obviously it’s the braided type instead,

Cable Made and Assembled in China

2 Likes

Exactly — that is also what I found. The pic further up looks different…

Braided version is considered more “luxurious”. So maybe the inside package is also chosen more “luxurious”.

As the cable becomes longer, the price per meters steeply lowers. Maybe this could explain why AQ chosen different inside package.

1 Like

This is how my packaging looks as well.

What is length of your cable?

@Stephen_Tate, @ElMarko. Are your cables also “Made in China”?

Yes. Mine is 1.5m long and Made in China.

1 Like

Both of my cables are 1.5M. I think they are made in China but I will have to confirm when I return home.

1 Like

i send a video to Luc, how audioquest cables are assembled : they are made in China.

1 Like

So a Chinese counterfeit cable manufacturer writes Made in China on goods that imitate originals made in the US? I don’t imagine they would be that stupid!

4 Likes

Yes that’s true.

When I opened the box I saw not braided, but PVC cable and this was that scared me at first. Because I was expecting braided cable, like in pictures from Google. And also the package looked very cheap. I didn’t try to find “logic” in writings at that moment :slight_smile:

But then I‘ve read that braided version is only for the length up to 5 meters. And further lengths are only with PVC coating. So it seems that everything is alright with cable originality.

However, sound is worsened compared to my cat5e cable. Maybe I need some time to burn-in it. I’m using it between router and switch. I swapped several times with my old cable and sound noticeably changes. Seems that using Cinnamon midrange is quieter, sound is less real in general. I’ll wait several days, maybe it will improve.

:small_blue_diamond:@Luc,…Maybe a stupid question,.but do you have the right direction on the cable.

/Peder🙂

yes, direction is right, from router pointing to switch :slight_smile:

I seriously doubt anyone would bother counterfeiting a 12 meter cable, as that isn’t an often purchased size I would imagine. I’d be more wary of common length like .75, 1.5 and 2m. Eventually you may want to consider fiber optic for runs that long.

I have .75m Cinnamons and I have to be careful where I use them. The sound can be a bit thin compared to other cables, but the detail is good. So if you need to tame bass then go Cinnamon. If you need extra bass Meicord Opal. Neutral Belden (Blue Jeans, Ghent etc). Funny how they work like that.

:small_blue_diamond:@Luc,…I’ll check on my Diamond packaging if it says China or the US.
Tomorrow,.I’m not home now.

/Peder🙂

Thanks for information. Yes that’s true about counterfeiting a 12 meter cable :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m waiting while my AQVOX switch with their EDGE cable arrives. Currently I’m using my old TrendNET switch with simple cat5e cable from switch to Atom. I’ll see how Cinnamon works in combination with AQVOX switch and Edge cable. Maybe I won’t need improvements on network setup anymore.