Are AudioQuest cables made in China?

That would be interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Luc,…Hello again :smiley:,.on my AQ Diamond packaging it says China.

/Peder🙂

Hi Luc,

That looks about right to me, but I would expect it to look OK, more about the materials and feel. I have to pop up into the loft later I will look for the box.

M

Thanks to everyone. I asked Audioquest directly. They reassured that this is original cable as the shop I bought it from is authorized Audioquest dealer.

Despite that I do not like the new sound. It seems like something is missing from music. I hope it is not burned in yet. At this moment music is much more real with cheap 10 Eur cat5e cable. Cinnamon has very soft rounded bass, - I don’t like this. Vocals became very thin, not real.

1 Like

I’ve connected my new CInnamon to computer and started to download huge files hoping it will burn in and improve faster. Not sure if it helps.

1 Like

All this makes we wonder about the findings of the Forum Members who found the AQ cables to be bested by the BJ or other low cost cables. Perhaps they were not authentic AQ cables? It makes the
low cost cables journey even more interesting.

I’m still hoping my AQ Cinnamon cable will improve :). Otherwise ir will be huge waste of many and a big disappointment in AQ.

@Peder , please don’t post here on the forum about products known to be fakes. They not only rip off the company of the real item but they also aim to deceive the customer; At best, they will likely not perform as intended; At worst, they may not be safe.

Particularly in the case of anything mains related, where safety is critical, I would advise everybody to steer well clear of anything known to be a fake product. Thanks.

6 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:@Richard.Dane,…Of course,.I respect that.

But my purpose in inserting the images,.is to warn members of these products.

:small_orange_diamond:As information,.I can tell you that we do this in cooperation with the Swedish distributor.
He didn’t have time,.so we said we could do this.

The Distributor will then post the photos we took on fake-contacts to warn people.
Our measurement results will also be reported on the distributor’s website.
Those we already have,.have so bad measurement results,so I would rate them as dangerous.
This I think it is good for members here to know,.because according to the Swedish distributor,there are an incredible number of fake Furutech-products

/Peder🙂

1 Like

OK thanks Peder. Naim would rather any counterfeit/fake items were not posted about on the forum.

:small_blue_diamond:@Richard.Dane,…Do you want me to remove the last pictures.
I do not know if the time has gone out to be able to do it myself.

/Peder🙂

One for the tautology thread!

2 Likes

There is no time limit for deleting posts, just for making edits.

1 Like

I’ve removed them.

1 Like

Now that we have established that the cables are indeed made in China and that the OP’s packaging is normal, the whole thread is maybe rather unnecessary.

Yes but there are allot of relieved users…aghh

If you mean the Wireworld Stratus 7 power lead, isn’t that around £100?
Do you call that cheap?
It’s not cheap in the spectrum of IEC power cables - but yes, it’s much cheaper than a Powerline.

I once watched a youtube video of a tour round an AQ factory which appeared to be in California/the US, and which I think was their HQ where the founder/owner works…

It was a large a efficient looking operation, but that doesn’t mean that most of their cables are made there.

It would not be surprising if they outsourced the cheaper cables to China. (And their expensive Diamond Ethernet cables apparently too.)

I didn’t see them making any ethernet cables in that factory - mainly interconnects.

It may improve over time.
Or it may not.
Could be a case of a more expensive ethernet cable not sounding better than a cheap one.
Add it to the enormous list of that happening.

2 Likes

It is beginning to improve steeply. I’m noticing much faster and harder bass and I like it. And it seems that putting the Cinnamon cable on my computer gave good results. I did several hours transfer through it at about 400Mbps. Whilst playing music from Roon only uses 1.5Mbps of bandwidth.

1 Like