Are B&Ws a love/hate speaker?

So which room setup do you adopt to make them literally disappear? Several possibilities occur to me: Acoustically transparent curtain in front of them? Turn the lights off? Or perhaps walls completely covered with numerous lifesize photographs of those speakers? :blush:

2 Likes

The first time I met/heard B&W speakers was in a kitchen - ceiling speakers. Changed my expectations and fostered my respect.

30 years later I am having CMM 7.5 S2s installed in my media room for surrounds. Betting the spend is worth it. Good enough, at least, with vintage N805s and ? center speaker in front.

Thought I was done with anything other than 2.0. Sony STR-AZ7000ES amp changed my mind. Optimistic.

Nick

1 Like

I briefly had B&W 603s in my kitchen but had them in the wrong place. Lovely speaker but they boomed and went back.

I just close my eyes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was so disappoined when I auditioned B&W Nautilus 801. They played a Bob Marley tune.
Were was the bass?
Not there anyway…

So do I, CB Nap 250 running mine👍

Given the correct amplification those big boys will move buildings while you end up holding yourself rocking in your seat asking for mummy.

1 Like

Ok, they were driven by Tact Millenium then.

Been a huge fan of B&W from the mid-90s until the D3s were released. The change to grey midrange units and the loss of cherrywood finish meant I wasn’t even willing to listen to them with such horrid aesthetics. Call me shallow if you will.

I love my 804D2s - my absolute end-game speaker

Mark

1 Like

Yeah i have a few mates that just love them and i can see why, I’m in between , sometimes i fell they tend to be on the boring and mechanical side with Naim audio then other times i admire the imaginary, control and taming character they bring. End of the each to their own i guess.
So no not a love/hate speaker imo just horses for course’s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.