Are you "All White"?

I’d probably be happy with any colour except white.

2 Likes

It’s worth remembering that the white lit logo is nothing new and has been a part of Naim kit for almost 10 years now (Statement, Mu-Sos, New Unitis…).

3 Likes

It’s a worthwhile discussion I think. It’s a small but significant change to the 500 series, which has been top of the Naim real world tree for a good few years, certainly in the case of the amplifiers. Their green logo is part of their visual character.

I can see the logic, as the newer stuff, Statement, mu-so, Uniti, NC boxes, are all white. White certainly aids matching, but who’d be matching 500 series with New Classics? Given that the 500 must have but a short time to live, it seems slightly odd.

3 Likes

My BD NAP160, purchased in 1978, had a green light on/off switch.

2 Likes

My set of NAP500DR need an update then!

I had asked if the S1 Pre white could be offered in green years ago when I ordered mine - and was told ‘yes - for a price’ …and was too intimidated to further enquire into just how much extra and have come to love the white. Also you get a 10 or 16 bit choice via the remote of which shade of white you want to have. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I would miss the little green lights in the dark when playing music. I turned the S1 white down to about the same subjective brightness and it works well enough.

All good - just don’t have the default white too bright - or offer dimming options. :bear:

DB.

It strikes me that if the OC500 series only had a short time to live, they wouldn’t have bothered with this. Rather I think it suggests that any new 500 series is actually some years away.

Just my two penneth.

3 Likes

You think they would do this with the NDX2, as it is the one most likely to be mixed with NC kit.

2 Likes

On the contrary, I think it’s really nice, and it’s perfect for those who have bought a Solstice. In addition, you can immediately see who has a new 500 system :rofl:

1 Like

Ah yes, the tail wagging the proverbial dog.

1 Like

Well, either that or you have a little sense of humor :sunglasses:

1 Like

I wonder if the option of going from green to white when OC gear is serviced will be offered at some point?

I’m all green, and staying that way. Olive rules!

12 Likes

The dust is white though, so you are slowly making the transition.

9 Likes

Of course there is the issue of how much we are influenced by the aesthetics in our decision making, if it looks good………. A few weeks back when the 300s were launched one dealer posted a very evocative photo on a non Naim rack of 332/333/300s/350s etc with a Vertere MG and I think Sonus Fabers.

1 Like

Heaven forbid! Cosmetically, it doesn’t match so changing from green to white would be the worst of both worlds!

1 Like

I’ve been told at the recent hi fi show in Milan, that 500 series won’t be superseded before than three years yet

4 Likes

very cool

2 Likes

Most important, does the white logo sound better? Who’s doing the definitive green vs white sound quality test?

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been told too, so it makes a lot of sense for Naim to switch to white on the 500 series in the meantime to maintain sales.

2 Likes

I am green with envy (well, not really). :slight_smile:

1 Like