Are you "All White"?

So, the Naim gods are turning everything that lights up ‘white’ what do you think? Personally while I hold traditions very dear, but it does look nice (to me), and gives existing products a nice modern make over.

1 Like

A bit odd after so many years…. But it does have that more modern feel

2 Likes

I immediately made my white light green(ish).

2 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Interesting, I think it works really well, but I also do like my CB and OC green glowing boxes too.

I wonder if Naim will allow Original Classic items to also be updated from green to white. Images & quote from HiFi Pig…

“The green-to-white evolution will be implemented across more Naim products soon.”

4 Likes

If nothing else, it makes the amps look like they’ve been photographed in black and white!

How far back does the green lineage go with Naim? Was it the mid-80s when Naits started getting green LEDs? Olive kit was all green-themed, wasn’t it?

Mark

I didn’t mind green lights, but they were brighter than they needed to be and cast a distinctive colour across the room which didn’t always blend in with our colour schemes. So I prefer white because it’s more or less neutral, although still brighter than they need to be.

1 Like

Only the very earliest chrome bumper kit had red lights before they switched to green.

1 Like

Before the Naim logos were illuminated, they were white or silver…

CB NAP250 -

(or some weird colour…)

4 Likes

A photo collage as a joke or is there any truth in it?

1 Like

Yes, it was a slivery white. Unfortunately, when Naim changed to a polycarbonate fascia around '85, age and light would turn the logo from silvery white to a more bronze colour.

2 Likes

It currently applies to the 500 series kit, although you can still specify a green logo for the time being, if you so wish, provided they are still available.

3 Likes

It’s odd that only HiFi Pig seem to know about it. You’d think Naim would put it as news on the website, though given the website is pretty dreadful it’s perhaps not a surprise.

4 Likes

Naim sent out a communication to all their dealers and distributors today.

2 Likes

That means the new 500 series will take longer to come

1 Like

They look really good with the white logos.

2 Likes

Baleful red, Rega
Sickly green, old classic Naim
corpse white, New Classic Naim
belligerent blue, Linn
? yellow, ?

1 Like

I really couldn’t give a flying mouse mat what colour the light is.

5 Likes

Oh my, a bunch of old sad old musos debating logo colours :frowning_face:

And more seriously what future the 5s, XS and SN3?

2 Likes

Meh, change for change’s sake. Marketing department out of control, yet again. What next, McIntosh with white lights ? Not a chance, it’s their trademark, just like green was Naim’s.

3 Likes