Are you sitting comfortably?

I long for an eames chair, but when I priced it at around 7000 euro, couldn’t justify the spend.
One day :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Get a nice but cheaper version for the half of it maybe?

1 Like

Thought about that, but then I would question buying Naim when I could get a cheaper one.
Has to be genuine or nothing.
Some people say “they will never know”
But I will know!!

İt is non-copywright design so there is nothing like an “original” one i would guess but somebody will explain better, the important thing is the quality of the materials and workmanship, there is a huge range for it

1 Like

One if my better choices in my youth was a furniture purchase. As a young batchelor with a town center pad I bought a suite of Lignet Roset Togo seating. Looked very futuristic and cost me a fortune .
That was 40 years ago.
Pieces of that suite are still in use in my son’s room and still looking great. Still looks like it’s out of a sci fi movie 40 years later😁

1 Like

1 Like

Do Stressless chairs all have backs that include headrests?

When I try a chair with a headrest or head height back, I find that having that solid surface behind and around my ears effects the sound as the sound waves crash into it and reflect off it.

Having tried the office chair raised up high, I ended up finding it uncomfortable.

Now trying an old chair of my parents.

It’s comfortable and stops me slouching.

They lived in Paris for 4 years in the mid 60s, so perhaps they brought it back from there?

It does look a bit French.

1 Like

Stop slouching boy, sit up straight!

Only joking. :grin:

I often slouch!

Used to get detentions for it at school.

Made to march up and down the Field of Mars for half an hour after school.

2 Likes

:+1: :laughing:

I got a Togo sofa a few years ago, got it reupholstered and sold it for a profit. Nice but stupidly low.

Interesting, I think high backed chairs sound better due to the sound being guided into your ears.

Seriously though, I use a Stressless in my music room, which doesn’t have a headrest as such, more of a high back.

It’s no longer a current model, but I’m sure today’s range will include something similar.

(Mind you, it’s probably true that as a long evening music session wears on, with a few :wine_glass: :wine_glass:, then slouching more than likely does take place!) :wink:

1 Like

Humm. Now you come to mention it, the sun is indeed over the yardarm.

Bit warm for red though.

1 Like

The rocker above made me just try the rocking chair from my kitchen.

It’s quite comfortable…

But the seat and arms are very low.

Maybe I should try this other armchair.

Is it a 50s one?

2 Likes

When my next door neighbour had a gap between disposing of her old seating and delivery of it’s replacement, I lent her my Stressless for a couple weeks, (well, it was either that or they’d have been on the kids’ beanbags), and she declared it the comfiest seat ever.

They’re not cheap, but seem to last for ever, so “just do it”, and find one without the extended headrest, I doubt you’ll regret it.

Anyway, will have to close for now, as I’m off to the music room, to relax with some music, in my Stressless, and, no doubt, a couple of :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

I have a Himolla Rhine suite with an IMG Nordic swivel recliner.
Both are exceptionally comfortable.
The sofa is no good for slouching, but locates centrally, while the Nordic is off centre and reclines.
Then I fall asleep.

1 Like

Beautiful chair, that lower one. The fabric is gorgeous. I’d sit listening in that very happily.

Actually, that’s exactly what I’m doing right now.

Just me, Erroll Garner, and a Large glass of Sauvignon blanc.

1 Like