ATC SCM50 Burr Magnolia High Gloss

22 Likes

It’s difficult to show their true patina as the camera doesn’t pick-up in the same way as the human eye, but there you go! Hope you like?

2 Likes

Stunning.

amazing how close they are to the wall - i like it!

2 Likes

@Beekeeper2000 - were you able to place your previous SCM40s this close to the wall?

1 Like

This is partly due to the restriction in my current cable length :see_no_evil:
I’ll be pulling them further out when my new cable arrives. See how they go then.

2 Likes

Hi. My 40’s were sat out a bit further. I discussed this at length with my dealership and also had some conversations with ATC themselves. It’s not made a massive difference but there was more space behind my 40’s because the cabinets are less deep so I did have that big more space between wall and cabinet. I was also restricted due to the length of my speaker cable as the right side is at its limit :joy: so I’m waiting on another longer length of Epic so I can bring these out further. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you - SCM40s high on my list as ‘possibles’ for my new room and given I don’t want to dominate the space (or my wife doesn’t want speakers to dominate the space!), they could be ideal.

Had a brief listen on the end of a SN3 and I was impressed…but your ATC50s are in dreamland for me😉

2 Likes

They’ll be fine. Mine were about 18 inches from the wall and moving them further forward didn’t seem to make much (if any) difference tbh. They’re quite happy at that distance.

3 Likes

Beautiful speakers Beekeeper stunning, I have a soft spot for Atcs they are very revealing with a midrange to die for. Yours will be sublime, worth every penny :+1::grinning:

1 Like

The space between wall and cabinet doesn’t actually matter. It’s the space between driver and wall that makes a difference.

So shallower speakers will have their cabinet further away from the wall when they’re equally far away from the wall in acoustic terms.

1 Like

You might change that view slightly when the bass drivers loosen up in 2-300 hours time :wink::+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

If I didn’t own ProAc K6’s the ATC50 would be my next choice. There are precious few speakers that actually play music well. There’s a reason ATC is the speaker of choice in major recording studios. Congrats on the purchase.

1 Like

Thanks mate that’s very kind of you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had the money 50a would be my speaker (provided they worked in my room)

3 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you but you’re conflating two separate conversations one of which was audio related and the other aesthetically related. Thanks for your input all the same.

1 Like

Again, as with another post on here I don’t think you’ve read the thread properly. I’ve had the 40’s for a year and they’ve had hundreds of hours of usage so I’m pretty familiar with their acoustic profile by now and what does and doesn’t work so was offering another enthusiast on here some of my own experience with the 40’s but thanks for your learned advice. Much appreciated!

1 Like

I’m officially jealous again, enjoy!

1 Like

You won’t be jealous when you see what I’ve got to pay for them mate :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

Wowza, very special. Thank you for the photos, Im seriously considering 50s…

1 Like