ATC SCM50 Burr Magnolia High Gloss

Thanks for the info…my plan is in process :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Good luck and be sure to ask anything if you want more info whether that’s on the monitors or or the wife selling strategy :joy:

1 Like

So that’s how you paid for them!

2 Likes

It’s HiFi. Anything’s for sale at the right price :joy::joy:
I’m sure Mrs.Beekeeper would sell me under similar circumstance :joy::joy:

Those speakers look amazing

I bet they sound equally as good :+1:

1 Like

Listened to the SCM50’s last weekend auditioning cartridges. Just no comparison to the SCM40’s. The 50’s are in a whole different league.

3 Likes

Great post. Your ears don’t lie btw but I don’t want to slight the 40’s as they’re special. Really special and at their price-point they’re above speakers twice their price and they punch way above their weight. If your budget is anything between 0 and 8k I’d take the 40’s EVERY TIME!

The 50’s are a step up for a reason.

3 Likes

Thank you Stu :smiling_face:

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Great post I agree absolutely, the 40s are a stella set of speakers. Once placed correctly they are very special, a thrilling listen. Its taken me months to place them in right position in my listening room. They can be very fussy regarding placement, however once right they are stunning. I found small increments paid dividends over long periods of listening.
They provide a very deep and wide soundstage with a very fast deep bass and midrange to die for.
I can understand why you have gone for the 50s :wink::wink: there will be very few speakers that come close, expensive, yes, but life’s too short.
Enjoy :wink::wink: I would be thrilled to own those :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes agree with that. Great summary! I’ll start shifting these around and working on precise placement once I’ve ran them in. And once I’ve got enough cable length :joy:

1 Like

ATC Burr Magnolia drinks coaster anyone? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Great to follow your journey and congratulations! Gorgeous looking speakers. I must confess, I have not heard them…yet!! If they sound as wonderful as they look……!

I note an older dad with children…+1! Good innit, and music thrown in for good measure!!

Enjoy.

1 Like

All good mate! Thank you :slight_smile:

They look magnificent. How big a room do you need to let you turn up the volume on the 50s?

2 Likes

Hello Nick,
Our room isn’t huge. Lots of soft furnishings though. I think we’re probably right on the cusp of room size in terms of cubic M squared. I don’t like my music particularly loud and I have a sweet-spot with these in terms of my power amp which is a good enough load to push the drivers whilst not being too unkind on the room’s acoustics. The best thing as always (which I did) is to demo a pair in your own room. I knew once I’d done that, that the room could take the speakers.

One day I may -thanks

1 Like

Zooming in they look as incredible as I’m sure they sound! Things of aesthetic and aural beauty!

1 Like

Thanks Stu. It’s very difficult to show their true lustre. They are like a mirror finish, but the camera isn’t picking the reflections up as compared to the naked eye.

8 Likes

Congratulations! They look outstanding with that high gloss finish. Are they better with or without the grilles?

As you had the passive 40s before, did you (or anyone else) do a compare with the passive SCM20, specifically the towers? I’m puzzled why the 40s are ‘Entry series’ while the 20s are described as ‘Classic series’ and priced higher than the 40? Are the SCM20 towers better? I’m currently running some old, but refurbished 3 way B&W P5s from the 90’s and they sound good, but I keep wanting to demo ATC 40s…

1 Like