Audio cable between Naim NAP 250 DR and Naim SupercapDR

This made me laugh. :grinning:

2 Likes

It was a typo error. I tried to find the meaning of fatcap but didn’t found. Can you explain my non intentional joke?

It’s close to a power supply name FR, HiCap, Flatcap, Supercap… Fatcap

1 Like

I was just understood before I read your response. I laughed myself after . Perhaps a Freudian lapsus. Fatcat was talking about power supplies…:star_struck:

2 Likes

Maybe, he’s really a FlatCat trying to be a SuperCat.

1 Like

A Superfatcat knowing better than Naim :cat2::star_struck:

Just kidding Fatcat, nothing personal.

I purchased a 5 pin Naim HiLine Din to Din cable for connect Naim NDS to Naim 282 preamplifer.

I was thinking of buying another 5-pin HiLine DIN to Din cable to connect Naim 282 preamplifier to HiCap DR.

The HiCap DR then goes to Naim 250 DR with a standard 4 pin DIN to 3 pin XLR Naim cable.

Would it lead to an improvement to buy this additional HiLine cable?

Or have I confused HiLine signal cables with Snaic cables?

Yes you are, the SNAIC is the cable that carries signal and power between the pre-amp and Hicap.

Naim doesn’t make a HiLine or SL SNAIC cable, not that I’m aware of anyway.

Yes I know.

I thought that putting a better cable than the snaic cable supplied with the Naim equipment was better, given that the snaic still carries audio signal.

I was wrong.

Thanks for your clarification.

Thank you, ok I will keep money in my wallet for buy additional Naim HiLine!

1 Like

I think I may buy some Morgana cables from WitchHat to replace the Naim DIN-XLR cables that connect my SuperCap DR and 300DR. It’s a lot less costly than the SL cables, which are about $5k in the US.

1 Like

If you look at the signal input sockets on the 282 you will see that the five little holes are in one half of a circle, 180 degrees. If you look at the holes on a Hicap socket you will see that they are more spread out, 240 degrees. So you cannot fit a Snaic in an input socket or an interconnect in a power socket.

Have a read through the FAQ:

Better than standard Naim cable that come with purchase of 300 DR ?

That is what I plan to find out. I have heard from others that it does improve on the standard cables, and heard from no one that it doesn’t.

Would it be interesting to understand if a Morgana cable between Nac 282 and Hi-Cap DR or a Morgana cable between Hi-Cap and NAP 250 would be better?

Of course both are better.

But I wanted to understand which cable replacement would give the most improvements.

I couldn’t say. I had all the standard Naim SNAICs and stereo DIN-XLR cables on my 282/250 when I still used it.

Please respect forum rules. Discussion of unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment (which includes fake “SNAICs” etc…) is strictly forbidden. At best, they will not give you the performance Naim intended, and at worst, may well damage your Naim equipment. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.