Audio cable between Naim NAP 250 DR and Naim SupercapDR

Welcome back. A few have said this, I wonder if this is because a source first approach isn’t followed? It’s easy to go for newer black boxes before getting the most out of what you have I think. Have you demoed the 252 to see that it will give you the uplift you desire?

1 Like

nd0810, I edited your post. Please note that discussion of unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment (which includes 3rd party power supplies, fake SNAICs, Burndys etc…) is not allowed on here. Thanks.

Sorry for this, Richard. What I wanted to say was: instead of spending money for fake-SNAICs, which may be Voodoo, spend it on some reliable upgrades.

Back in the days the source was a CDX2 with Naim DAC and XPS. Later NDX followed the CDX2.
The jump from NAP200 to 250.2 was much more perceptible for me, than from 202 to 282. I don‘t say 282 is not a good amp. It‘s great. But from my experience I would skip 282 with 1/2 HCs/SC and head directly for 252/SC.
I auditioned the 252 last year and it is more my cup of tea, I think.

1 Like

YMMV…I went from 202/NAPSC/HiCap/250 to same with 282. The change was transformative in a fully positive direction. It shocked me at the time how much the 282 improved everything.

When you are in a hole, stop digging…

1 Like

I had similar experiences with the CDX2. After a short time I found it tiring and harsh, while most of the members on the forum liked it a lot. After „taming“ it with the nDAC and XPS it was better. With the NDX I was happy right from the start…

Is the Forum software changing people’s names?

I don’t think so. Luckily I can make amends…

1 Like

Svetty

Concentrate, read and learn. :nerd_face:

I didn’t ask a question.

As I said earlier that is describing a solution to the problem caused by taking the signal to the power supply.

I did put EI before 42/110. But the same applies to NAC12/160 and they pre-dated the NAPS and SNAPS.

Sorry, I’m not sure what EI means here.

The NAPS and NAC12 were developed pretty much in tandem. The overall earthing arrangement of Naim equipment was established from the very start. In short, and not wishing to be unkind, I do think you’ve either been misled or you’re just mistaken here.

Fatcap, despite some apparent rules in general audio, where signal doesn’t pass through power supplies, Naim has proven that it can work very fine. So why bother!

This made me laugh. :grinning:

2 Likes

It was a typo error. I tried to find the meaning of fatcap but didn’t found. Can you explain my non intentional joke?

It’s close to a power supply name FR, HiCap, Flatcap, Supercap… Fatcap

1 Like

I was just understood before I read your response. I laughed myself after . Perhaps a Freudian lapsus. Fatcat was talking about power supplies…:star_struck:

2 Likes

Maybe, he’s really a FlatCat trying to be a SuperCat.

1 Like

A Superfatcat knowing better than Naim :cat2::star_struck:

Just kidding Fatcat, nothing personal.