Audiophilleo2 MK2 + Pure Power - Taking out the trash

I see… on a naim product a naim power cable sounds better… I’ve tried a few of them

Anyway your problem is that you’re going in a completely different direction now to what naim had carefully engineered

Good luck, you’re going to need it and deep pockets too

1 Like

Quite! I prefer to keep things simple. I’m a simple man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hear Innuos are releasing a USB reclocker soon :thinking:

As I said it’s a wallet depleting path you are on

Only trying to help you by the way

1 Like

I am now leaving this thread, I cant take any more of your indecisions and impulses. :crazy_face:

I was joking, two items left , Wirewold USB and an SR Blue fuse for the Zenith.

perhaps not the good word. The innuos is the player and the nova is used only as a dac, not? in the spdif connection. the innuos is acting as a transport and the nova as a dac. So the streaming part is from the innuos.

1 Like

you have too much proud Analogmusic. I feel Tiberio has inflated you a bit.

the description Obsydian gave was clearly pointing better sound quality, not only a different presentation.
However i agree that all these upgrades on the nova are perhaps a bit too much now.
Synergetic fuses, synergetic ethernet, chord indigo, innuos zenith 2, audiophileo / additional power, power cords. Perhaps 5 or 6 k different upgrades.
Better perhaps buy an SN/ ndx2 for the total price and have something simpler and probably better.

I’m not sure one can call innuous a streamer

They themselves call their products servers

1 Like

however it streams in that case, not the nova.

1 Like

It’s all too easy to get caught up with semantics here, but although the Innuos boxes are, a bit like their Naim equivalents, ripper/store/servers, they also add a good variety of web streaming services, including Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, iRadio, etc. On top of that, the new Zen Mini even includes a DAC. So I think you could reasonably argue that they are streamers if you choose to use them as such…or servers if you choose to just use them over UPnP.

3 Likes

Well no it’s not a confusion or semantics

The premium innuous products are servers with only either a Ethernet output for a streamer or usb for a DAC and they charge a lot of money for optimizing their Ethernet output to a streamer like NDX 2 or the usb for a Dac like Chord Hugo

Only the entry level has a spdif output

Their flagship statement server does not have an SPDif output

So sorry FR I cannot understand how you arrived at the conclusion that the “streamer” inside the innuous may be better than the one inside the Nova

Oh and… the naim streamers or Linn ones do not include usb outputs only either analog outputs or spdif ones

So streamer really in my opinion refers to the kind of product available from Naim Linn Cambridge audio and Arcam and maybe also DCS Network bridge as are considered sources capable of playing music and sounding musical

In case of DCS this also does not include a USB output although promised by DCS but later withdrawn and they cannot deliver the performance levels from USB that DCS requires

These products do not contain a hard disk and are optimized for a streaming purpose

Companies like Melco and innuous are specialized in very low noise servers with dedicated Ethernet output which are isolated from noise and add a USB output for a DAC

And both are recommended for very low noise levels server and separate streamer

1 Like

I tried the SN2/NDX2 it didn’t float my boat during a demo with Focal Kantas

1 Like

For my setup it is Innuos Zenith (Server), Audiophilleo (Transport) and Nova (DAC/AMP), so its still all Naim sound, just as mentioned in another thread and the title of the thread, using the Innuos/Audiophilleo to take out the trash (noise, jitter, etc…) and present it to the Nova, like @Filipe mentioned to me, now you are actually hearing the Nova.

1 Like

Cannot agree

The naim sound comes from using naim power cable and naim speaker cables

I’ve tried it… always come back to naim cables for power and speakers cable

1 Like

I would disagree also, starting with Chord cables, they originated from Naim, yes today diverged.
I use NACA5 and an SR powercable which is the most neutral i have experienced.

When people talk about the Naim sound I am puzzled because all I want is to hear the music. I don’t want a Naim sound. I have an essentially Naim system which people who have heard it say is very musical, but not Naim sounding.

Phil

1 Like

I was about to post the same, to me the classic all out Naim PRaT has shifted away, heck every firmware the sound changes - as long it boogies and Naim got it to do that, end of.

you can have the naim +++ sound

1 Like