Audioquest Niagara

did you ever demo the 3000 as also interested in how it went?

thanks

@mbj666 , no I havenā€™t heart it so far. Interested in hearing from others
Iver

The Niagara does not limit current; nor do The Shunyata Research products. One of you fellows or ladies ought to give a Shunyata a try. Good entry point would be the Delta D6. If youā€™re one of the well off members, you know who you are :rofl: might want to try a Denali with appropriate power cords

1 Like

Agree. Got a Shunyata conditioner a few months ago, nothing but benefits. Good company, good products. Audioquest also excellent.

must say reading all this tempted to demo the niagra 3000

Give it a try and see what it does in your setup. In my case the 1200 worked out well and would not like to live without it anymore.

Iā€™ve had the 3000 for about 10 days , I can only think of positives and there is zero sign of current restriction. Quite the opposite in fact .

3 Likes

will ask my local dealer both knowledgeable guys one a big linn fan, the other a big naim guy and know he has been impressed with the audioquest stuff of late and sure he uses the 1200 version but not sure of what in his naim system

what socket to niagra power cable do you use or what was recommended (seen mention of using a high current cable from the socket?)

Apparently best to use the best cables from the wall but Iā€™m using Monsoon cables all around as mentioned earlier.
Niagaraā€™s and the like are definitely worth an audition as the game has most definitely moved on . My whole system feels like a very nice Power supply has been added .

2 Likes

did you demo audioquest with the shunyata?? ask as see you have a SN3 which pulls same power as my NAP 250 so curious of effect on your amp

Heard audioquest at a show demo (done by audioquest, no Naim gear in the system). Demo-d the Shunyata at home, actually purchased with option to return as there is virtually no home demo in the US. Home gear includes SN3, NDX2, HiCap.

2 Likes

Loving my Niagara 5000 so much. Improved really on every single element of sound. There is just one drawback: somewhat regret not to have decided to go for it earlier. If you can demo 1200/3000 or the 5000 at home - this I promise is a game changer.

2 Likes

going to try the 3000 i think having done a lot of reading as is slightly different than the 5000/7000, whilst has 2 high current sockets the other 5 sockets still donā€™t get compressed and can pull 55amps for transients if required. all sounds very convincing but proof will be in the demo i guess (plus think the 5000 out of my desired spending range at the minute unfortunately)

also see it recommends a high current cable from the wall to the niagara what are you using to power the niagara 5000 (was thinking a 20amp version of the blizzard for the 3000, but not sure whether to try one of the slightly more expensive storm high current cables?)

1 Like

going to try the 3000 i think having done a lot of reading as is slightly different than the 5000/7000, whilst has 2 high current sockets the other 5 sockets still donā€™t get compressed and can pull 55amps for transients if required. all sounds very convincing but proof will be in the demo i guess (plus think the 5000 out of my desired spending range at the minute unfortunately)

also see it recommends a high current cable from the wall to the niagara what are you using to power the niagara 5000 (was thinking a 20amp version of the blizzard for the 3000, but not sure whether to try one of the slightly more expensive storm high current cables?)

The 3000 and 5000 are quite similar - if you donā€™t need so many slots itā€™s absolutely fine. Also the current peak which is a little bit lower will still be sufficient.
What I do though really strongly recommend is the Thunder high current 20 amp cable from wall socket to the Niagara. As this will work for all devices plugged into the Niagara and make it perform really outstanding.
You should be able to get an interesting bundle offer when deciding for both at various retailers.

1 Like

I have old Niagara 1000. Surprised how much better my Teac streamer sounds now, but you have to use really good mains cables ideally also from AudioQuest. I plug my power amp directly into the mains as it is reported not to benefit from conditioners. Also improved output from my Avid phono pre amp.

Plug your Amp into the high current outlet , thatā€™s what itā€™s for .

1 Like

Some amps - like Class D amps - are reported to not benefit or even sound worse when connected to a Niagara. Might have something to do with the switching power supply in these type of amps.

It would surely be worth trying if you had one though ?

Valid point raised here regards amplifier type. I was pondering the idea of adding one to a setup that includes a Linn Selekt DSM but based on these latest comments that may be counter productive?