Audioquest Vodka Ethernet full loom

In a Del Boy tone…“No…no!..”

Best thread yet….

My head hurts.

2 Likes

That’ll be something to do with the wiring.

2 Likes

Is the final connection between the neck and head Vodka ?

I’ve read somewhere that the best cure for a hangover is a banana :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Stephen, I believe you, I promise, that I will buy Vodka ethernet full loom……please have mercy on me………I cannot take no more :blush:

2 Likes

Some very early Dr Dre - a Vodka delight :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Good idea Stephen :+1:

1 Like

Lovely thread!!
I must say/agree the Vodka is not an easy one and I am afraid overcoming its choleric character (if you are to stay with AQ) means going to the Diamond as mentioned by others above - clearly full loom is not easy so may be at least the last stretch - detailed, full of life and joy but controlled and smooth, wider soundstage too.

1 Like

I’ve heard nothing but really good reports about the Diamond. I must say i would really like to try one some day. Finances permitting of course. I really do like the AudioQuest Ethernet cables. They are very well made, look classy, sound wonderful and i think that they are a genuine audio cable company. Unlike many others, you really do get what you pay for. They certainly don’t look like they’ve been knocked up in someone’s garage or garden shed anyhow. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Just chilling out to some Paradise Radio after finishing work. Sounding nothing short of wonderful.:sunglasses:

1 Like

As Meg put it…yes,yes,yes!!!

1 Like

Yes it seems to me that there is an infinite amount of tweaking that can be done within one’s own networking system. Even my recently acquired 4-way Russ Andrews PowerBar with Yello Power Cord has brought a positive performance upgrade to my networking kit. Even cheapo electronics (within a high-end audio system) such as a NAS device, router and switch benefits from a decent mains block. Really, everything does matter. Those who say it doesn’t are not paying attention IMHO.

Happy Listening :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One other observation here - n-SATs are definitely more ‘engaging’ without an n-SUB hooked in, regardless of any music genre. The system loses something with the n-SUB. Yes there’s more low end and body but there is also a certain magic that is lost compared with just n-SATs. Maybe the earthing isn’t quite as clean or just the laziness of the SUB compared with the lightning quick n-SATs? who knows? It’s not a lot but it’s noticeable in the grand scheme of things.

Lightning quick Vodka helped me to discover my observation. With a pair of Wranglers on i would’ve been none the wiser :grin:

Maybe a useless question, but what cut-off & volume have you got the N-Sub set at? I found a similar reaction with my lowly Minx, until I dropped it somewhat.

Hi stevebee,
i have my N-SUB’s frequency set at 60 Hertz. Gain is set to 70 sometimes 65 depending on recording quality and music genre. With n-SUB disconnected there is more air around the mids and high frequencies. Also a touch sweeter sounding, more atmospheric and delicate? It’s not a lot but i notice it. Obviously there is more body and low end with the n-SUB in tow (great for parties and a bit of sport), but it’s not as engaging for more intimate and serious listening…

Hi is the NSub powered by the amplifier? …ie passive and linked through a network…I would imagine that would have a big negative effect. As the sub is drawing power from the amp and the amp is dealing with the big drivers…back emf…etc. I use a powered Velodyne…and it does not impact on the sound at all…space and air if anything are enhanced… I think the way forward is a powered sub…

The nSUB is a powered sub.

1 Like

Hi Richieroo,

yes as James quite rightly points out the n-SUB is Naim’s active sub - all part of the n-SAT speaker package. I have my nSUB connected via the low level dedicated sub output sockets from my SN3. The n-SUB is powered by a powerful 350 watt built-in Naim amplifier and connected via two 6 x metre QED Reference 40 sub interconnect cables.

It’s only when i forget to switch the sub on do i hear the extra engagement from a listening session that i notice this, although admittedly a rather bass light and a thinner sounding performance. As i say, it’s only subtle but quite a significant observation…

Right not that familiar with Nsub…all you can do is sensibly cross it over as you have done…and use as little bass from the sub as possible… I suspect that what is happening is the mid is more exposed with no sub…giving you the impression of clarity…the sub must mask it…a little… Try relocating the sub…is my only thought…

1 Like