Audioquest Vodka Ethernet full loom

That’s a great post DB. Thank you.

Yes, to say i have been pleasantly surprised doing this is a understatement. Well here i am again listening to music all day and night. It just will not let go of me at the moment. I can start to hear to this new Vodka incrementally smooth off a little, spread open and becoming more dynamic.

My three year old Vodka (athough with very little use), which was in my NDX 2 to begin with, is now from my router to switch. My second one is a used (albeit in mint condition one) from eBay. That one is from switch to NAS. My brand new Vodka from the dealer is from my switch to NDX 2.

I rather like the burn in process, that doesn’t bother me, which is why it’s on the player. Plus I figured it will run in quicker that way.

I’m just trying to get some hours on it all now, but I already like what i hear. I know there’s more to come because of my experience with the first Vodka and the other two Cinnamons, in terms of maturity.

No regrets at all so far, just enjoying the ride. Will report back once things settle further. Thanks again :grin::+1:

P.S. I should’ve done all this long ago…,it’s rather like unfinished trial and error that was put to one side…

I remember that in the past you liked the Vodka you had in your system. Then there was the Blue Jeans bandwagon. You were maybe influenced by other members who praised the Blue Jeans very strongly. I tried it , and also Catsnake, even waited 2 weeks burn in. The Diamond, but also Vodka, were for me much better. I sold the Blue Jeans and the Catsnake.

2 Likes

With my XS system things were a little less straight forward at that time, the many different switches, the cascading, other cables, members influencing me, being new to streaming etc… having time moved on and now with my new classic system things are a lot more clear cut.

It seemed inevitable that I should return to the AQ Vodka!

Triple Vodka all round folks

3 Likes

Surprised my one turned up today, scheduled by RM for friday? Happy days. So i now have a Vodka on Melco to switch, and switch to nd555. It replaced a Melco ethernet cable…….it is much better, just sounds more natural. Thanks for spurring me on👍

4 Likes

It’s the Naim Ethernet cable without the Name :grinning:

1 Like

That comment doesn’t help my bank account, we run Melco C1AE :sob:

1 Like

I use the EE8 with the Chord Clearway Streaming cable as I needed a run of 15m from the first switch connected to the router, (it only has one RJ45 socket, hence the first switch).

The Chord C-Stream has been used to connect the first switch to the router. (Mind you, I find the plug too wide).

The Linn streamer is then connected to the EE8 with a 0.75m Clearway Streaming cable.

However, I also connect the streamer cables to the socket furthest away from the power lead.

3 Likes

Been using the Vodka full loom for three years I think I missed out on the Ethernet Cable Hokey Cokey.

Mine will be taking a short holiday from the end of next week when the dealer strips down the system and it is stored whilst the hall, landing and lounge are being redecorated plus a new carpet.

New mains will be installed at the same time.

4 Likes

Good move :+1:

Certainly going down very well here. I’m rather new to the party, but can honestly say i’ve never heard my digital replay system sound so good. I can now hear really deeply into the mix with the minimal of effort, no harshness or anything, makes me wonder where was all this extra stuff buried? It’s like my system has woken up from a coma.

1 Like

I couldn’t get on with the AQ streaming cables. I tried Cinnamon first (streamer/NAS) and then Vodka (streamer only). I’m glad my dealer had a Vodka cable to loan out as I was going to buy one. Thankfully I read the comments about BJC here. The BJC6A just sound more natural, balanced, and musical. I don’t understand why they sound so much better but I won’t complain and happy to save the $. I do think the ethernet standard plays a role though. In the end be happy you found something you like.

I couldn’t get on with the BJC 6a, i’ve tried and tried with them, they just didn’t excite me enough to keep them in my system. I ran the MeiCords for a good year and a half, i thought they were better, but could become a little beamy at times. Also lacked a little svelte. Went back to the Vodka (now full loom), and can’t believe what i was missing all along. They are on another level for me, i’m now hearing what my system is really capable of, especially for the amount of money i now have invested in it.

Yeah, it just says we have different preferences. I couldn’t believe how the AQ cables made the music sound. It didn’t make sense to me for such expensive cables. Be happy you found what you like now.

I’m with you there. I had Vodka between streamer, nas and switch and was very happy with the move to BJC. As you say more natural and somehow just right. I don’t want my music to be exciting, I want it to be natural and engaging.

2 Likes

Yes, i suppose we all have different tastes and outcomes. Each to their own :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Yes and sadly that’s where the BJC failed for me immensely. I would just turn the system off and go do something else…we all have different systems and tastes. It’s one of the reasons why i went back to Naim speakers.

Yes, it’s strange how different people perceive things differently, or perhaps how different ethernet setups respond differently.

I changed from a Virgin hub as modem to a Plusnet hub as modem today - I could start a whole new world of fun….

I changed my Plusnet Hub One router for a TP- LInk AC2100 and put an iFi supply on it. That was worthwhile too. Same as changing my Cisco switch for the EE 8Switch - another thing worth doing…

Yeah, I wasn’t too happy with my SU during the time I had the AQs in there but switching to the BJC really made it shine. I added a powerline after that and things got better still. I did not expect one box to sound as good as it did.

How’s it settling in Gaza? I was listening to my system last night albeit through the headphones and it was as to be expected - fantastic :grin: