Auditioning new speakers - Vivid Audio Kaya 25

There’s always “kaleidoscope” finish (or whatever you’d call these focal kanta 2).

4 Likes

Well put. That is exactly what they do. You’re sitting in front of them and… they are just not there.

The (imo) unique design and engineering applies to virtually every detail of the speaker. As an example, even the drivers are mounted in a special way. There are no screws or bolts in the front of the enclosure. The drivers are ‘pulled’ in the front from the back of the speaker with a single bolt (on a set torque). There is an air-tight seal with silicon o-rings between the drivers and the enclosure that also works as decoupling. The picture roughly shows this.

Even when you play loud, you feel nothing on the outside of the speaker. Amazing speakers that don’t sound like any speaker with conventional drivers I’ve ever heard. My hart & ears bought them within the first 2 or 3 tracks to be honest. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Understood. As you have chosen matt, that finish will enhance the form and is of a similar tone to the oyster finish, so should look very good indeed (theoretically).

Those lambo yellow speakers are a bold choice! I’d quite like orange, or the apple green instead though.

1 Like

Great write up Richard and may the lovely Kayas serve you well for many years to come. :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

2 Likes

There might be some rivalry going on here.

2 Likes

I tried a slightly dimmer orange. Our national color after all… That idea lasted exactly 1 second in front of the grand jury. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

We look forward to seeing them in-situ, colour and all, Richard.

1 Like

You aint herd nothing yet (Nicey!)…you will find they will get better and better…I have had my S12’s for 3 months…and they are still getting better they are phenominal.

I reiterate everything you have said…regarding mine…they are a revalation…

1 Like

Peter you have to try a pair!!!

It reminds me the thread I posted maybe 10 days ago, the Alpha Audio shoot out between vinyl and digital. The system was : Vivid Kaya, Halcro amp, Reed, Mola Mola, Grimm.

1 Like

Anybody considering a speaker / Naim partnering must try Vivid it is a match made in heaven…

1 Like

So I’m not the only Vivid owner here. Nice! The S12s are probably the most jaw-to-the-floor from all models due to their size. Unbelievable…

The pair I have now are well run in (I guess) demos from the distributor.

Mine were a demo pair…they just keep getting better trust me…

1 Like

I m really in love to Vivid louspeakers but my issueis that I can t accomodate floorstanding in my living room.
Did you have the chance to compare the kaya 25 with the kaya 12?

I didn’t compare them but I heard the S12 at the end of a Linn setup and they sounded spectacular. There are dedicated stands and wall-mounts available too.

Comparable to 25?

I heard the next model up (the 45s) and I have to say they were very impressive. Transparent sounds about right.

That said, I don’t think that visually they work in every room out there. I think it would be a bit of a struggle in my home, for example.

Hi, just a question a bit off topic. I note that you feed your ndx2 via a switch + farad super 3 + audioquest ethernet cable. Does this improve SQ in a noticeable way? What version of the LPSU do you use (voltage etc) ? Would this work for a BS as well or would thisonly make sense for more upmarket streamers?
Robert

Not heard the 25 but my 12’s sound amazing - clarity, imaging, bass and speed is spectacular…

I switched from a cheap gigabit switch to an Aqvox SE switch the difference was staggering…nobody believed me but in my system it was one of the best upgrades I did. I use this with Audioquest Cinnamon…:slight_smile:

1 Like