Awesome YouTube Stuff

And they’re back!

Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”.

2 Likes
4 Likes

In 4K/quad sound…

4 Likes

‘Elvis Should Play Ska’ by Graduate.

Featuring Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith, who quit to form Tears for Fears

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Sufjan Stevens - Majesty Snowbird

No video, but the best sound of the many crowd recordings. Why on earth did he never release it?

It’s awesome!

2 Likes

My favourite aria sung by my favourite soprano

1 Like

Beautiful.

Fascinating on several levels - the early 70s fashion; ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ LP playing in the background; a lad trying to offload a box of 8 track; the old fashioned credit card payment; the shop assistant just following orders, and all that lovely vinyl on show…

2 Likes

Emmylou - 75 today.

3 Likes

Rupert Hine - Misplaced Love (featuring Marianne Faithfull)

Hine produced three albums at the beginning of the 80’s, of which Immunity and Waving Not Drowning were excellent before he ran out of bright ideas.

The production is very 80’s though he seems to have EQd them into the midrange and squeezed out almost all bass, and I think this was deliberate as, to me, it lends itself to the dystopian content of the songs. Both Immunity and Waving Not Drowning are top albums almost unlike everything produced from the early 80’s.

2 Likes

What a voice.

Anekdoten - Sad Rain

Do you like Mellotron? Then prepare to have a spare pair of underwear ready, because this is one of the wonders of the Mellotron world. Came from the Japanese version of the album Vemod.

Also their roots as a King Crimson tribute band show, but in a good way.

3 Likes

and on the Bandcamp download, BTDT :wink:

I know I’ve posted this before, but @Bozz88, who’s just posted over on the "What are you listening to " thread may enjoy seeing it for the first time.

3 Likes

No pick just his fingers.

3 Likes

…thanks Dave amazing video, …amazing guitar playing, loved it!

1 Like