Awesome YouTube Stuff

I have been recently looking into the history of Exeter (and St Sidwell’s suburb) and did not realise that Exeter was so often invaded (Romans, Vikings, Southwest Rebellion, Royalists, Parliamentarians and Hitler’s bombings)…!

Yes, we’ve had them all. Sadly, the most destructive were the local councillors in the post-WW2 era, with their attempts at “modernisation.”

2 Likes

Nice touch from Macca on the new tour.

I’ve seen McCartney live four times in the last decade or so - always puts on an excellent show. I think I counted a remarkable 40 songs when I last saw him (at the O2 in December 2018, when Ringo and Ronnie Wood put in appearance).

But I won’t be seeing him again as a) his set list has barely changed in a decade - even his chit chat between numbers is the same; b) his brilliant voice is, sadly, increasingly weak.

1 Like

Magnificent.

He doesn’t sound like this today sadly, but he was brilliant at his peak.

He also sang ‘Imagine’ at this concert, in earshot of John and Yoko, just three months before Lennon’s assassination

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes

… contains some of the finest music ever made by mankind :innocent:

https://youtu.be/o0LUUFQ4MNM

1 Like

Joanne Shaw Taylor, Live at The Funky Biscuit.

2 Likes

Saw Tommy at the Royal Festival Hall back in February. A concert which made a lasting impression. Astonishing technique.

5 Likes

Primal Scream wishing Mick Jagger a Happy Birthday … … … Yeah, woo!

1 Like

Rag ‘n’ Bone Man does “Gimme Shelter” … … … you just can’t keep a good song down, can you?

1 Like
2 Likes

Wanda Jackson covering Bob Dylan’s Thunder on the Mountain

1 Like

Blackmore’s Night - The Circle

1 Like

Amusing…

3 Likes

An oceanic-sized performance & production in a pint-sized room.

I’ve hesitated to post this here before, as it’s PMJ & MJ doing their stuff again (this time it’s a soul cover), but the quality of this is off the scale IMV. It’s simply wonderful fun too.

5 Likes

You could also add pint sized person, many of the reaction channels wonder how such a huge voice can come from such a petite frame.