Awesome YouTube Stuff

1 Like

The holy grail of tones

2 Likes

This vid made me smile - I was delighted how good it sounded on my main system!

A bit of Kodo in there.

Who dat?

Japanese percussion, mainly drums. Very very big drums as well as teeny tiny drums.

2 Likes

Ah… P90s.

Kodo are great. Remember them with great fondness from Sadlers Wells. They were in the pub after - we were dead jealous of their enormous bottle of Saki! Which they didn’t offer round… :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I’m jealous. I would love to hear them (feel them?) live.

1 Like

Now you mention, I do recall hearing of Kodo drums years ago.

This chap is a nifty and original drummer:

Whereas Louis Cole - he’s one of the best drummers I’ve ever heard, who also plays a huge range of instruments and composes some brilliant songs.

1 Like

One you might enjoy, Stevie…great improvised keyboard solo with Louis on de drums.

Always pleased to see a leftie drummer - I always crossed, interesting to see he plays a rh kit but doesn’t cross. I never tried that - I will next time I’m near a kit.

Might make me a better player!
(Doubtful).

1 Like

You’ve probably come across JD Beck:

Or

Ashamed to say that the name rings a bell, but I can’t place him… I’ll look him up.

One of my favourite recent drummers is (you’ve probably guessed it as I’m always going on about them) Pharoah Russell from Ese and The Vooduu People. He blows me away pretty much every gig.

2 Likes

Or something entirely different, with a lot of soul:

1 Like

18 mins of awesome reality.

And quite good :notes: too.

3 Likes

Amazing footage. This Solar System, Galaxy and Universe never fails to blow my tiny little mind.

Humbling. But…we’re Life. Takes some beating, although I wish we’d live up to it.

1 Like

Life? Don’t talk to me about life

2 Likes