Awesome YouTube Stuff

Life…that late, rare thing.

With the actual Brian May…

From 1978. The RS looks to have been be in good condition…

1 Like

For me she was something special…

5 Likes
3 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Live in Maui - 1970 -

4 Likes

Es does Wayne. how fab she is!

1 Like

Closet Disco Queen & The Flying Raclettes

Guitars get the heck wicked whacked out of them. In French.

Heading back to 1980. Very interesting.

1 Like

Sorry to all who hate k-pop. This cover of BTS from Ukraine group Young Nation. Nice to see young people performing on street at this crazy time which has gone on for far too long with winter approaching.

Elizabeth discovering Kate Bush in 2022 and trying to break down and understand Wuthering Heights. Befuddled she is :grin: Simply incomparable.

2 Likes

Another recent Elizabeth review which is highly enjoyable IMV – Mr. Blue Sky by E.L.O.

I remember buying the Out of the Blue double album (1977) and this brings back wonderful memories, along with A New World Record.

1 Like

Epic space jam from Martin Stürtzer
You can fast scroll through it and have consistent quality in segments if not up to the full 3H.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that for someone who is so focused on every nuance and inflection in the singing voice, she repeatedly mishears ‘Wuthering’ as ‘wonderful’. This is particularly surprising since it’s the title of the song.

Furthermore, she fails to recognise that a significant reason for the commercial success of that record was due to the effect that the video had on 90% of adolescent males at the time!

3 Likes

I excuse Elizabeth on a few things when she reviews pop/rock. She doesn’t often identify when studio effects are being used. Here, the joy is that someone fresh to KB is trying to figure out her incomparable music. Hounds of Love was a hi-fi show staple in the mid-80’s.

I didn’t know that the wonderful actor chap in my avatar appeared in the video for Cloudbusting :grin:

1 Like

What a pity they did record or film this tour! Visually, these bootleg fragments are all we have.

1 Like

Brilliant programme. With the lovely Deirdre Cartwright - just wish I paid more attention.

1 Like

Yup - loved that programme. Sadly none of it rubbed off on my technique.

1 Like
1 Like