Awesome YouTube Stuff

How did Pete end his place on the drums ?
Was he marooned on a small island blown up by a nuclear bomb ?

1 Like

I am not young anymore but this young group has a lovely ethereal musical quality:-

2 Likes

As the legend goes:

“Three years after he joined the band, while performing at the Isle of Lucy Blues-Jazz (alternately Jazz-Blues) Festival with Buddahead, Bond spontaneously combusted in what many audience members believed was part of the show. (AOL) (At the time, the other members of Tap were regrouping at Nigel’s castle in Lichtenstein after the Megaphone disaster.) Nigel: “He just was like a flash of green light, and that was it. Nothing was left. Well, there was a little green globule on his drum seat. It was a small stain, actually.” Bond’s charred drumsticks were retrieved by manager Ian Faith as mementos”.

3 Likes

The Postal Service - Such Great Heights

OK, so the video (Official) isn’t what you might call awesome, but the song is.

I still think this is the most perfect song by anyone, ever:

3 Likes

Reeling in the Years

3 Likes

Hansi tackles Hawkwind , Alice Cooper and T-Rex:

3 Likes

That’s not actually a bad version of Silver Machine Kev!

2 Likes
4 Likes

A little Emarald magic…

3 Likes

I still can’t get my head around the fact that the members of Spinal Tap are American…!

2 Likes

You jest! Nigel and David are from Squatney, East London

1 Like

No David is from North London…

I’m gatherin’ up the tears after seeing that!

1 Like

Hawkwind - Moonglum.

From the 1985 Stormbringer Live gig. It’s one of the best live Hawkwind albums.

Somewhat bizarrely, there’s not a studio version, but it’s Hugh Lloyd-Langton’s finest hour. RIP.

The abrupt cut-off is because it segues into another song. Cherry Red used to sell a DVD of the concert, of which a few songs survive on YouTube.

4 Likes

One for the wish list!

2 Likes

The Depth of Self-Delusion (Riverside)

2 Likes

Ray throws in the black keys for free…

My favourite scene from the Blues Brothers film, brilliantly funny, great music and choreography down at Rays Music Emporium

:heart:

6 Likes
2 Likes