Awesome YouTube Stuff

1 Like

Stevie Wonder doing Superstition on Sesame Street (1973) the peak of Children’s TV, it been in a downward spiral ever since. When Stevie says ‘go Cookie Monster’ (3:27) the band go into full jamming mode. Awesome stuff.

8 Likes

Joint fav with Superstition on Sesame Street for Youtube recommendations is Mississippi Goddam. Nina’s anger, emotion and expression especially when she looks upon her white audience is heart-wrenching stuff.

6 Likes

Sensational! :+1:

and really ‘out there’ for Sesame Street!

3 Likes

Danny Carey - Pneuma Drum cam

Anybody like to try doing this or even getting close?

Regards

Richard

1 Like

Fabulous coloured music footage on ‘Colouring The Past’.
A quick search will send you there.

5 Likes

Brilliant! Such a funny man RIP

3 Likes

I love this artist, she is courageous and makes no apologies for her artistry …

5 Likes

Me too. Lucky to have seen her live with John Paul Jones and again at the Jacques Brel Barbican event.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Big stereo system…

4 Likes

At last, a set of truly practical loudspeakers, based on the static image above they look like they double up as structural elements of the building!

Indeed, they could be pillars. A couple of things I noticed - he has at least 4 longcase clocks in the room, all working. So presumably when listening to music he has those ticking and chiming away. Quite noise on the hour, I would have thought. He also seems to be obsessed by symmetry - with the clocks and carpets placed symmetrically about the room - apart from one carpet on the left hand side. that must upset the sound balance somewhat.

1 Like

I’m guessing he’s not married. Not sure what makes me think that…

3 Likes

He is, he’s been building his system for 25 years and his wife is very supportive.

Unfortunately, he’s recently been diagnosed with motor neuron disease and won’t be able to enjoy the fruits of his work for much longer…

1 Like

That is sad.

1 Like

Poor chap.

1 Like