Bargain Basement statement!

Absolutely!!! It was the TAPE LOOP!!! Who could live without it???

2 Likes

It really could only be one of a couple of things.

1. Divorce
  2. Need money
  3. Didn’t like the sound
  4. Moving

Speaking form experience…definitely NOT #3!!!

1 Like

That’s 4, not a couple!

And there are other possibilities:

1. Something else is the new ‘best’ to be seen to have.
  2. Boredom
  3. Want nothing more than 2 years old, so traded in for new ones
  4. Downsizing
  5. Someone else they know has now got Statement as well
  6. Duds - proved unreliable, constant problems with them

2 couples, double date

LOL…definitely NOT 6 or 10!

1 Like

Re 10, maybe highly unlikely, but it’s always possible for a rogue one, going by some people’s reported experiences with other products (yes, including Naim), though one might expect with Statement that Naim would exchange it if any such sign, but nevertheless a possibility however slim.

Even with 3, however unlikely it is possible: as an example someone could have bought unheard, primarily for its “I’ve got the best” statement factor, then one day coming to play it finding the sound so unlike their expectation/experience that they didn’t like it and immediately called the dealer to “come and take this rubbish away”.

The other possible iis that the owner died, especially with whats gone on ?
As i know if i died, my wife wouldn’t want it all.

4 Likes

Just look at that view.

3 Likes
  1. Death.
1 Like

Another reason could be that they have inside information, now making space for a Statement Mark Two and having their listening room floor strengthened to cope with the 500KG weight of each unit.

2 Likes

or having climbed to the very top, the buyer has realised that these enormous boxes that fill a portion of the living room don’t actually bring the amount of pleasure that was anticipated and that there are much easier & simpler solutions to the question.

2 Likes

I suspect a worry for many aspirants around Statement and other top-flight kit is whether you’d be buying the equivalent of a luxo-barge car, where the cost of fixing things down the line (and the general faff around this - noting Salisbury is the only place to do this), is seen as potentially worrisome/prohibitive.

…and there’s the enhanced bills of house insurance/more electric (as Statement is part class A) and the need for flooring reinforcement.

Kinda ‘do you feel lucky’.

Just reading a few references to ‘floor reinforcement’ means I’m going to have to cancel my plans to buy a Statement system. Just can’t see the floorboards in this old place being able to take the weight of those heavy boxes. :grinning:

1 Like

:crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Well I know my upstairs can can take 228kg, I had my Yamaha U1 silent piano in a spare bedroom, and this house is a 1930s semi, stronger than you think.

1 Like
  1. Upgraded to Nait 2
2 Likes

Now selling NAC552DR and NAP 500DR

2 Likes

Caused by falling Statements? Literally, not just in used values.

3 Likes

Not a bad way to go… :raised_hands:

4 Likes