Bargain Basement statement!

Back under my stone where i belong😉

1 Like

I did hear that that Neat MF9s sound even more fantastic with the equivalent of 1hp up ‘em :thinking:

2 Likes

Geez a brek, boys, ah’ve telt yez already, Ah’ve nae munny! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

…and that’s not the first time (as in the advert now being discussed) this appears to have happened/been needed.

As you say, either the service interval is short (other issues?) or the owner wanted to retain peak performance(?).

Some clarity on servicing would be good to understand for those of us who dare to dream.

25%-off introductory offer, like new products in Waitrose… :joy:

3 Likes

For the ‘I’ve got a horse’ brigade. :grin:

My Statement turned up this morning…I’ve now gone paperless :wink::joy:

6 Likes

Dammit! I must have missed that offer. I had to sell my house and all my possessions just to afford an S1 pre, never mind the rest of it.
My mates were impressed though, so who cares.

3 Likes

Your Primates?

:wink: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

£300 includes postage.

:grinning:

2 Likes

They’re humans, honest! They just don’t get out much unless there’s a HiFi show on, and there haven’t been any of those since lockdown.

1 Like

They need a shave

1 Like

Naaah! They just need to get rid of their Dire Straits LPs.

1 Like

I suspect there’s also a threshold where when people go above it they prefer to buy new. The market for the statement is probably people who can afford it, not needing to save up. That would explain the depreciation as 2nd hand you suddenly have a different target group with different means. Not just a similar target group appreciating a saving.

3 Likes

Thx, saved me typing this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@litemotivI heard that it takes 7 years to burn in properly too

It takes 7 years to fix the burn hole in your wallet.

6 Likes

Just put steve roach on loop and send it to proxima b and back … it will be perfect :heart_eyes:

1 Like

As far as I can see no one has asked the obvious question.

What did the owners trade them in for?

1 Like

Or did they experience difficult times. We will never know

Maybe they couldn’t get used to not having a tape loop?

1 Like