BBC radio not working?

I had a Sony portable player that ran Android. You just ran any app you wanted, including BBC Sounds, Radio Paradise, TuneIn, Tidal etc. etc.
I instinctively dislike things that lay you open to Google’s obsessive data harvesting, but that aside it was great to be able to play anything you want without worrying about compatibility and support.

2 Likes

It is possible to add the URLs to a playlist in Asset upnp, I’ve got the BBC ones and Radio Paradise saved should there be an issue with vTuner.

The hard work is updating the URLs when they change.

1 Like

Well if the data is anonymised it becomes disassociated with a private individual. But I get the emotional response… and in a way I feel the same. A case of heart and brain not in sync :grinning:

I haven’t found a way… I think the the only way is adding them into your vTuner profile on the vTuner website, and that way they are added into the vTuner directory which acts as a walled garden for Naim web radio. If you haven’t got an account you need to setup and associate with your Naim streamer network address, aka MAC address. (Note this is not the IP address)

Sorry I should have been a bit clearer, this is using a playlist via the Asset uPnp.

Quite happy to write up a how to guide if people are interested.

Well it used to be possible to do that with MinimServer, but eventually, after changes at the Beeb’s end, that stopped working. There’s a long thread on this on the Minim forum, with creator, Simon Nash participating. Last time I visited there was no resolution.

Roger

I tried this a while back for a radio station not discovered by vtuner, and failed. At the end they both want the mac address and a password fwith your email, and h they was sure my password was incorrect. Just another vtuner problem, that hopefully will be solved in time when Naim finds a better solution.

1 Like

Not sure why it wouldn’t work it’s just a playlist stored on the music share folder and browsable via the Naim app.

I think BBC Radio is down again on naim. IPlayer app working.

Working again

Well I’m not home now, so can’t give it a try on Asset or Minim, but the problem is to do with how the BBC manages those streams. There’s lots of technical detail in the discussion on the Minim forum. And it’s a specifically BBC issue, not necessarily applicable to other streams.

Roger

It could be the HLS streams don’t play on the older equipment, they are fine on my 222 but not my V1 Muso.

If you google BBC radio streams the data is on the GitHub page.

BBC streams out all this weekend. Emailed Vtuner with no response.
Annoying when there is interesting music on the Proms.

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/vtuner-bbc-radio-issue-work-around/36259/3

Many thanks, never scrolled down that far !

Only this weekend have all BBC internet stations packed up on my Uniti Star. Anyone else experiencing the same ?
Thoughts on recovering them.
Thanks

It is a pain but just follow the instructions in this link:
https://community.naimaudio.com/t/vtuner-bbc-radio-issue-work-around/36259
This works!

And don’t forget you can preset these Naim Choices. You will obviously need to reset them again when vtuner is working. Perhaps a Christmas present for us? :rofl:

Yesterday I only had radio 4 now nothing! This is getting more frequent

If you are UK based then use this work-around;

2 Likes