BBQ Season again

Walnut pesto chicken kebabs over charcoal (with gas ignition for ease)

1 Like

My wife has introduced me to Netflicks’ “Great American BBQ Showdown” (or something like that).

Some of the BBQs look like they should be pulling half a dozen coaches on the East Coast line.

(Note to contestants: do not hide a whole Carolina Reaper in your canapé, and then give it to the lady judge!)

3 Likes

That was my original observation - ourselves and neighbours who normally grill/BBQ outdoors frequently seem to have started much later this year. I’m really not sure why.

Similar here. We did one a few weeks back and despite the recent run of great weather we’ve not returned to the grill. Normally we’d be doing 2 a week in summer.

1 Like

5 cms of rain in half an hour today.

Cricket :cricket: season and BBQ :meat_on_bone: season, an offering to the Gods of Rain :umbrella:.

3 Likes

2nd of the season for me yesterday. Reverse seared a big chunk of Black Angus ribeye. That was beautiful.

1 Like

wow love that pizza oven,is that a big green egg painted red.

Thanks! The pizza oven is a bit of a beast - had to come in by forklift since it weighs 850kg!

The red oven is a “Kamado Joe” - a competitor of the Big Green Egg. They are very similar. I looked at both at the time and decided to go with the KJ (for reasons that I can’t now recall a maybe something about the hinge?).

We’ve had a number of BBQs this year, I think we started in April. And, I know it’s heresy, but we do use gas.

Just recently finished a pergola to give all year round protection.

A couple of photos of this, but the BBQ is covered up to minimise the risk of offending non gas users.

I must admit that gas is convenient and quick to use, making it easier to have a BBQ at short notice.

DG….

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.