Beatles - Get Back

I am amazed by the momentum generated by the re-release of what is, by The Beatles’ own high standards, a pretty average LP! Very much scraps off the table, in my opinion.

Imagine the fuss if they were promoting a decent one1

(I suppose that I’ll have to don a metaphorical tin hat now, to await howls of protest telling me that the sun was shining out of The Beatles’ collective orifices at that time.)

2 Likes

Not going to hurl fire and brimstone at you :laughing: but suffice to say Let It Be is my favourite Beatles album.

Call me crazy.

2 Likes

Hello, you crazy man!. You surely can’t prefer it to ‘Rubber Soul’, which is crammed with wonderful music, and even has a clever album title?

Not to mention just about every other Beatles record.

2 Likes

Watched first episode last night. Enthralled. Wonderful. Brilliant.

1 Like

I’m hoping to watch the first episode tonight.

Catching up with this thread I’m feeling a bit envious of those with a Disney+ subscription (and a broadband speed good enough to justify it). Now come on Apple Corps., time to rush out a DVD/BluRay release!

4 Likes

I’m only signing up long enough to see this and then I’m canceling. I can’t keep up with all the streaming services.

Ooh , think my two sons watch their Marvel films on Disney +.
First time I’m probably going to be grateful for their subscription.

My annual subscription to Disney + expired yesterday the 25th Nov. I allowed it to because I didn’t use it much. I may well extend it by 1 month to watch this. My wife’s a big fan.

Graham,
Revolver, Rubber Soul etc. are really great albums.
But I was 12 when LIB was released and I was just getting into music at that time. I grew up with this album so to speak. So to me, it is special. Not necessarily ‘the best’ - but that can’t really be measured.
I think it’s the Beatles most raw, intimate, fragile album. Probably why I like it the most.

6 Likes

Spot on Pete

Why the whinging going on here !!

I agree they changed the music world forever . I old enough to remember it

1 Like

I can’t disagree with that. Music can often take us back to a very precise place and time where and when we first heard it.

2 Likes

Good luck with that. My wife has become just a little too comfortable with the other content already :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I’m watching this under headphones when she goes to bed, she’ll have no idea. :scream:

1 Like

Yes, please could we have a DVD or Blu-Ray. Some of us are unable to stream video even if we wanted to subscribe to a video streaming service.

1 Like

Just finished Episode 2 – even better than the first. Just fantastic.

7 Likes

Watched episode 1 last night, can’t help but think a greatest hits unplugged style would have been a better option. Trying to write and rehearse new stuff in a short period of time and in front of cameras was just too much pressure. It was a flawed concept.

1 Like

Agree it was flawed Pete, but, being The Beatles, they thought they could pull it off. At least we can now indulge ourselves in the brilliant footage, that under normal circumstances, would not have been captured.

4 Likes

although you are seeing the birth of the songs. if you want polished then box set for sure.

2 Likes

Any idea what was the instrumental music playing during the closing credits of Part 1? (Sounded a lot like the Grateful Dead to me - a la “Dark Star.”)

The song credits didn’t mention it.