Beatles - Get Back

Yes, I’m very much looking forward to this film. My only issue will be getting a TV time slot sufficiently long enough between teenager sessions on the dreaded PS4 (rolls eyes).

2 Likes

Since when have Beatles fans wanted editing :sunglasses:

They/we want to hear every belch and fart in between 18 different takes of Honey Pie.

I don’t “do” all that outtake audio stuff but once through I think I’ll be happy to see all the video of those guys that exists.

6 Likes

I did write a few things for them back in the 90s. They pay very badly and are late payers, so not sure I’d bother again.

I only read it for the football coverage, which is good – the rest is just millennial whining, bad science, middlebrow culture and illiberal identity politics, so not my thing at all.

4 Likes

Yep. This film is for the big fans, and not the casual viewer who really wouldn’t be interested in it anyway.

It’s such an important document in the history of popular music. Editing to a normal movie length to suit the masses would be a crime and waste of time.

4 Likes

Damn it. I hate having to agree with a Wet Spammer but I must. :grinning:

I suppose the feeling is mutual … :laughing:

1 Like

Having sat through the first episode, I can safely say it is INCREDIBLE. A few things strike me: 1) The sound and picture quality are both remarkable; 2) It is extraordinarily immersive: you feel as if you’re there in Twickenham, with John, Paul George and Ringo; 3) The Fab Four are astonishingly productive (in spite of all the faffing about); 4) Four more charismatic young men (John and Ringo were 28, Paul 26 and George 25) you could not wish to meet; 5) There are a couple of moments that might choke you up; 6) The original Let It Be movie, for those who remember it, was not “wrong” or “too downbeat” – it just painted an incomplete picture, and this seems to be a more nuanced, fleshed out portrait.

Bring on Episodes 2 and 3, then the 18-hour director’s cut!

8 Likes

Watched the first hour and I can say I am more than happy.

4 Likes

All right, I’m late to the show. Where and when can I watch these programmes?

Thank you.

I’ve got it on in the background working at home and it is rather good, very much an historical document. Considering its age the quality is lovely.

You need Disney+. You can either get a log-in from someone you know who has it, or else sign up for a trial period.

Well, that’s a great shame, as hardly anyone will be able to see it.

Perhaps it will get moved to a channel that people actually have on their set soon.

I kind of know what you mean, but Disney+ has 120 million subscribers - so a potentially huge audience. I suspect it’ll be released on physical media at some point next year, and then on to terrestrial TV – it’s ideal for The Beeb (BBC4).

3 Likes

What’s the problem, it’s the Beatles I’d happily sit through 8 days to get up close and personal. I’ve loved their music (and them) for as long as I can remember and for me a gateway drug that eventually lead me to Naim. It’s not only interesting it’s history, these guys actually did change the world.

9 Likes

On Disney + don’t forget to change age profile to 18+ otherwise the documentary won’t be accessible.

2 Likes

finally arrived !!!
A much more pleasant painting of that moment

It’s truly astonishing.

2 Likes

up all night in UK. brilliant.

2 Likes

McCartney looks the stronger in this era and maybe justified with his songs.

2 Likes

and beard.

1 Like

and girlfriend.