Beginner starting firmware upgrade 4.8 on green screen SU

I had been putting off the firmware upgrade my SuperUniti from 4.4 to 4.8 because of a lack of confidence in my ability to carry out the process without a mistake and damaging the SU. Eventually I decided to read the guide again and note anything that I did not understand and seek clarification where I needed it. Hopefully this will help the upgrade go smoothly.

My first question comes near the beginning. How to install the driver? I can download the file linked from the guide to silabs to the downloads folder on my laptop but what next? I would appreciate any advice on the process for driver installation.

Magicia

Next, double click and install the drivers. The download is a zip file. Look inside the zip and you’ll see this:

The file you want to launch is probably the one ending _x64.exe ← launch this, and follow the prompts:

The guidance pdf “how to upgrade legacy streamers to 4.8” is in freshdesk here Help Centre

There’s a YouTube video that shows an upgrade to a superuniti in the following thread:

Thank you very much for the detailed information on installing the driver. I looked once more through the guide but could not find this information. I did find the instruction “you will need to install the driver” which I did not find to be enough for someone who does not know how to do it!

Magicia

It took me a little while to get a suitable cable and to borrow a laptop, but with your guidance and the instructions from Naim I carried out the upgrade without any problems. Thank you.

2 Likes

I was initially very nervous about doing this as I have the original Uniti Mk 1, and the software updater wouldn’t work with my Mac. I borrowed my other half’s windows laptop, installed the USB/RS232 driver for the cable, downloaded the updater, and it went swimmingly. All in all, it only took about twenty minutes and the Uniti is working perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.