Benefits from the Naim forum

I’m not sure I would want to be 50 something again (full-time work involving a commute to London to pay for my kids to enjoy themselves at University). I certainly wouldn’t want to be 33 again (big mortgage, babies, unexpected new clicks on vinyl records, Black Tower white wine).

Best

David

4 Likes

I said I was 33, what’s a vinyl!? Black tower, how insulting! :laughing:

1 Like

Hey, that was 16!

2 Likes

Believe it or not, Tesco still sell it. “The original Black Tower”.

2 Likes

You’ll suddenly understand when you get to 33 and a third.

10 Likes

No such thing as “a vinyl”. It’s a record, an LP, or an album. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Which we play on our gramophones.

Actually I am 34 on the 3rd but I am keeping it quiet :shushing_face:

1 Like

Girlfriend says the equivalent on Mumsnet is, ‘I’m 33, what’s a tablecloth?!’

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something to wipe your hands on when you’ve finished your meal.

3 Likes

I use the forum a lot less these days. I really enjoy the music room though and have discovered some great music there over the years.
I also enjoy looking at the system pics thread from time to time.
I’d say that all in all my experience of the forum has been a positive one but do try to spend more time actually listening to music than discussing listening to music and less time online generally these days.

8 Likes

Bobthebuilder is now bobthewise

:grinning:

3 Likes

Bob is combobulated.

2 Likes

You mean as long as the needle is sharp enough?

1 Like

The forum brings “benefits” in diverse ways.

Pure technical support – fantastic. @Richard.Dane and @anon4489532 , and I don’t mean to slight anyone else by their omission. If there is a technical question - how do you connect this to that, etc., or will I break something if I do this or that . . . these two gents just know it. I learn something new every week and I’m grateful!

4 Likes

Bart, you are very kind, though I wouldn’t consider my knowledge in the same breath as Richard’s. You can’t own Naim for 36 years without picking up bits and pieces along the way. I’ve never had a dealer install anything and have always done it myself, so you just get to know what to do. I think people are frightened of getting stuck in sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks Bart. Much appreciated.

I beat you, but not by much.

1 Like

Interesting malla and your in Sussex, same as me. :+1:t2:

1 Like

A while ago I replied that it shows I’m not the only one who is slightly mad when it comes to hifi. I think I now realise that I am certainly not the maddest in that regard, which is a even more of a comfort :smile:

2 Likes