Benefits from the Naim forum

The forum certainly allows for a wide range of views, which can be very helpful…obvious not always…

I think the most valuable part of the forum is the willingness of many to problem solve…
not so long ago I was wanting to drop my newly purchased QB out of the window due to numerous connectivity issues… but eventually I managed to solve all the issues, mainly due to many forum members offering suggestions based on their considerable experience…

My only wish would be for less moderation on some threads… one or two members in the minority can be overly sensitive…or lacking in humour…

Generally speaking the forum is very valuable and entertaining…with many many great contributors, long may it continue

2 Likes

Famous last words…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is a great Forum. I have learned a great deal from the experience of others over the years. Certainly keeps me engaged in the hobby and love of listening…
I wonder if Linn have seen a drop off in sales after they foolishly chose to shut their doors?

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:It is a very,very interesting question.

Especially since Linn resumed the production of their Linn Klimax DS,.which they added down over two years ago.
All customers may not want their DSM solution with Space Optimization :wink:.

But Linn is not aimed at Peak Performance people any more.
They are more directed towards Life Style and Good Enough.
Here in the picture below,.Linn participates together with Gaggenau in a food and chef-activity.

Also look at these “amazing” socks :roll_eyes:,.that Linn have pulled over their loudspeakers.
Really,really Life Style and Good Enough.

So far from Peak Performance in High End one can come,.but that customer-group has other priorities.

• The Linn products are back of the picture.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

Thats Linngery, mate!

12 Likes

Biggest benefit is knowing you need to upgrade to 500 series before you even ask about what to upgrade next. From Atom to 500 series. Thanks forum🙄

3 Likes

My girlfriend thinks, ‘it’s Mumsnet for fiftysomething, balding blokes’. I’ve pointed out that I have met some of them and they are not all bald.

Hi-fi wise it’s been both a help and a hinderance, though mostly a help. Two and a bit years ago I posted about my forthcoming redundancy in the Padded Cell. The help I received in terms of support, and even just the simple fact that others had been through it was fantastic.

Thank you Naim and thanks to all who make this a place worth coming to.

11 Likes

We are not all fiftysomething either. Some of us have been around the track a couple of more laps than that…

2 Likes

I’d like to deny that strenuously. I’d like to - but my age suggests I can’t :grimacing:. Def not bald though :grin:

3 Likes

Your girlriend can’t be referring to me either, I’m forty and a half.

2 Likes

I resent that or is it resemble that- well one of the two. Actually , old enough to be falling apart, and i am with ONE exception - my hair has stayed with me, and despite some gray , actually looks quite good - much better than most similarly aged friends

I started getting old, fat and bald before I discovered this forum. So I don’t put the blame on it.

3 Likes

Thanks to the forum I got the chance to personally meet with Kuma, Stefan Just from Germany and the pianist Fred Simon. I keep in touch with all three of them.

In addition to that I established a close friendship on line with members from the UK, Canada, Germany and Italy. Most of these guys are settled with their sound systems so we discuss mostly music and other personal matters.

I learned a lot in the music room and I am having a good time visiting the other rooms.

I always made a point not to complain but took matters into my own hands when needed. Humor is my shield and so far the forum police has not arrested me.

5 Likes

Take what you need and leave the rest…If I cant contribute in a positive way then butt out…Two general rules I’m not perfect at :crazy_face:

Linn are doing their best to survive in a diminishing market I feel. Good luck to them and thank the Hi Fi Gods they ever existed. I think I understand your sentiment though as well. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve been a member for a couple of years now and for me it’s like being a kid in a sweetie shop. Getting to connect with people who love music and hi-fi has been such an uplifting experience.

I now have my first full Naim system and being a member of this forum certainly shaped the decisions I made in choosing the components that I bought.

The only gripe I would have is those who go on about certain brands, components that they dislike. Surely you have to choose electronics/speakers that match the style of music that you prefer.

You realise that the only thing that matters is to listen, and then listen some more, until you decide.

1 Like

Been a member of this forum and the prev forum since I got well and truly bit by the Naim bug

Some very experienced owners on here and give their experience and observation freely

However In the end Demo’s are a must and trust your dealer, mine well known on is in this parish has never let me down

The forum is a great read and pleased I am a member

2 Likes

It’s a really great forum. Real knowledge about the products. Great advice.

Love seeing all the pictures of the hi fi.

I just skip over the rare occasional post that is negative, self opinionated or fishing (cables tend to induce mania)

3 Likes

And we are not all 50 something, I Personally am 33! :grin:

1 Like

I wish I was 50 something :grin:

4 Likes