Besides green lights

DAD ( Danish audio design) speakers and electronics, and nice decoration of the room.

2 Likes

New Mark Levinson turntable

8 Likes

What happened to Dagostino.
From the nice Momentum HD preamp, to the awful new series ( for my tastes of course).

1 Like

Heavens - That looks like the sort of thing you’d find if you searched for Dan D’agostino on eBay :open_mouth:

Absolutely, I don’t understand. Perhaps he was drunken ?
As you said, it looks like Chinese Dagostino.

(edit: liked this one better :wink: )

2 Likes

Ayon audio

1 Like

I was expecting to see lots of modern turntables that look more like movable sculptures. As far as Dagostino is concerned - the old stuff looks like it just came off the set of 20,000 leagues under the sea. Jules Verne would feel right at home. I also like the original gold and black vac equipment, although the modern is not bad either. The Danish Design you show is hard to decide as I can’t even conceive of having that much space. I posted my original amp, as I do like the looks of it, but another thread might be peoples first system - I confess Garrard 40B

1 Like

There’s a thread somewhere about replacing DBLs, these look big enough at least and they go against the wall so they’re off to a head start.

1 Like

Micromega Microdrive. A very small cd transport. I think it is beautiful.

4 Likes

As Yeti said, the speakers go along the wall, so space economy. But they are large . I like a lot VAC electronics look too.

And french :+1:

Yes indeed. Do you know these CD players? My perception of French hifi is dominated by Devialet and I’m not a fan of their products.

1 Like

Good to see they are still going. My last experience of Micromega was the Stage CD players back in the 90’s. Sounded great but I don’t think reliability was too good.

1 Like

I have never heard one. Today they make integrated all in one, like atom, and a dac, but no more CD player.

Neodio is my favourite french brand, for the look. But same, had not the chance to listen to it.

My friendly face always asking me to turn it up.

2 Likes

New Grimm audio server. Around 9k. Alternative to Melco or Innuos.

Type: Digital hub, network streamer, server with Roon core
Streaming Inputs: UPnP/DLNA via RJ45, USB A
Music services: Tidal, Qobuz via Roon
Digital outputs: 2x AES/EBU XLR, Grimm LS1 RJ45 proprietary format
Digital inputs: AES/EBU XLR, S/PDIF RCA coax, Toslink optical
Arial input: FM PAL
Supported File Formats: AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, DXD, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WV, AAC, MP3, MQA and WMA
Supported Digital Formats: PCM from 44.1kHz to 384kHz in 32Bit, DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
Control Software: Roon
Wired/wireless network connection: wired
Dimensions HxWxD: 85 x 355 x 295mm

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.