Best album/cd cover

7 Likes

This one
Maria Dolores Pradeira
Bought this in 1986 in Bogota, she was a great artist back then already. The cover stands out because itbis not just another face of some perforner, but holds so much portrait quality. The arrangement with the guitar and the white rose is essentially symbolizing what he record itself is all about

2 Likes

8 Likes

Almost anything by Hipgnosis

2 Likes

Another classic album cover by Midnight Oil. Diesel and Dust

3 Likes

I think I would have enjoyed a collaboration with Ronnie Corbetts’ alter ego, Rampant Thrust…

An amazing album !!!

Rush - Permanent Waves

8 Likes

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (original newspaper format)

12 Likes

The only time I’ve ever bought an album solely because of the cover. Had never heard of them at the time
IMG_1570

2 Likes

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

9 Likes

Caravan - Cunning Stunts (1975)
If You don’t know Caravan, start better with In The Land Of Grey And Pink

7 Likes

5 Likes

14 Likes

2 Likes

Iron Maiden Seventh Son

Monster Magnet Milking the Stars

Two of my favourite covers and albums

2 Likes

This immediately comes to mind!

5 Likes

Early copies (about 3,600 in all) of The Return of the Durutti Column by The Durutti Column (Factory Records) were housed in a sandpaper sleeve – designed to destroy whichever albums were put next to it (Tony Wilson, he funny man). These sleeves were assembled by members of Joy Division (and, IIRC, A Certain Ratio) for 5p per sleeve.

There were four variations of the sandpaper sleeve – with the catalogue number (FACT 14) spray-painted in white or black; the title spray-painted in black; or completely plain, which is the version I like best and which is pictured below (my personal copy, BTW):

Imgur

5 Likes

This, in its 1977 and 2022 versions…

15 Likes

I’ve never listened to the 2022 update, but thought updating the album cover was a masterful idea