Best bass in my collection: Genesis - The Lamb 1st UK press

and it’s not close

Those pedal notes really stir, emotion through the bass! I good example of where I wouldn’t enjoy the music half as much if I the system couldn’t do proper bass. I’ve never tried comparing my rip of original UK first pressing with whatever hi res I later bought - both certainly deliver.

1 Like

I don’t know this album well. But I need to, as Hackett is playing it all when he plays here next year :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s in my collection, and I am now looking forward to finishing work so that I can listen to it. I haven’t played it for a long while and I know I’ll enjoy it. Thanks for the nudge!

I’m never quite sure though - beer or whiskey with Prog?

2 Likes

Start with the beer, finish with the whiskeys

1 Like

I’ve just realised it’s “Selling England by the Pound” he’s playing, so more to check out!

3 Likes

Good Morning All,

Give the first track of Trentemøller’s ‘The Last Resort’ a try. It always used to trip the 250’s driving the Isobariks and has the 135 cooling fans on overdrive…

Will give ‘The Lamb’ another listen mind…

Regards

Richard

1 Like

Hi - I think you will find he is playing a mixture of albums next year - Selling England and Seconds Out - not the Lamb which is still well worth listening to :-)…

http://www.hackettsongs.com/tour.html

2 Likes

I saw that set 9 months ago, you’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

I was due to see him twice this year…

He was playing the Cropredy Festival, so I was scheduled to see him there. It’s a superb band and he’s got a great catalogue of songs, they’re always special gigs.

1 Like

wow, WOW
hopefully he’ll have a good singer or singers

1 Like

Thompson and Hacket? Or perhaps Nicol?
I could imagine SH with Dave Cousins, but Croperdy is stretching credibility…
I’m sure it would have been good value though … another year?

Don’t know this at all well, any specific tracks?

Any of the vinyl reissues any good?

Earplugs are the best.

1 Like

No. They are all dreadful. The best place for early Genesis is the bin.

3 Likes

Do you prefer later Genesis?

Early tracks are doing nothing for me 1st time around and maybe it’s why I don’t really like Peter Gabriel’s solo output much.

Chromecast isn’t helping much either.

I do rather like their poppy stuff, such as And Then There Were Three. I know that’s sacrilege but I can’t stand the Gabriel era stuff. I saw Hackett play once, in about 1978 and it was the most boring evening of my life. It was like interminable masturbation from the stage. Just dreadful.

But many like it, it know, and it’s each to their own. I’m just retaliating for the various comments about my favourite band! I’d take Johnny Marr over Steve Hackett any day.

What ???

1 Like

Early Genesis was “From Genesis to Revelation”. Quite different from that albums that followed.