Best cd transport for Nds dac

If you can one day try to use the D100 as cd transport, connected in usb to the Rossini, I would be curious how it compares vs the Dcs transport, even if the DCS should be really better. But much better or a little bit…?

I dont have a D100, i just borrowed it from the dealer to rip all my CD’s
I do have the rossini player, built in cd transport, but dont really use it and i wouldn’t have picked the player over the dac only, it was just that i got a fantastic deal on the player, but it does sound great, not that this is important.

I remember you said that cd replay via the DCS was better than streamed from Melco. Things changed when you ripped your cds with the D100.
Am I wrong ?

1 Like

Is the TEAC belt driven?

Yes it has changed around, due to a few things that i have done.
Ripped all my CD’s once again but with the D100
Also changed my melco and now have the N10, this has a more forward sound over my last one and works better with the dCS.
It is what made me rip them all again, as like i said i dont use the CD player and was a bit shocked at how good it was, when i finally got round to using it, was contemplating selling the melco as it was that much different, that was until i was told to try this.

1 Like

Yes. But have very good reviews. Is it a problem ?

Hi FR,
What is the secondhand market like in FR and the EU generally for Melco ? If you can buy the D100 at a reaonable price, re-rip your CD’s, and then if you are disappointed in it as a CD player then sell on at a small loss (equivalent to the TVA ?) that would be quite a good ‘rental’ for a few months.

Melco (UK) are supporting their dealers for home-loan demos, could you speak to the European distributor to see what they can do ?

Not at all, I’ve longed for a CEC transport as they were considered the best, not sure if they’re still being manufactured.

1 Like

The CEC i posted is a new one, recently produced. It’s perhaps, with the Jay’s audio, the best choices for now I feel.
The D100, @T-elmi , is interesting, but I want more to buy, eventually, a dedicated cd transport. The D100 is first a cd ripper, and I don’t really need one. I have only 300 cds . And listening maybe to 100 of these today.
New albums are bought in hires or 16/44 downloads.

For now it’s more a thread opened by curiosity, rather than searching right now a cd transport to buy. Not sure at 100% it’s the best choice.
Will it sound really better than streaming from my Melco ? It’s the major point to determine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.