Best Hi Fi on TV?

Was browsing on Netflix and took a sneak preview of the film “The Mechanic” just to remind myself of the hi-fi that was a prominent part of it.

I also seem to think the series Cold Feet often had Naim in the background, but was never sure.

There must be loads of cool kit out there somewhere!

1 Like

Bosch. The main character Harry Bosch, had a decent looking system for his collection of jazz LP’s. I did read somewhere what it all was but can’t for the life of me remember now. Obviously the one on the right is Macintosh 240…

7 Likes

Clockwork orange

9 Likes

Sharp object

3 Likes

Not a bad listening room either!

94EC3CD6-D28D-4A6C-9260-C45934B2AACB-2712-000002E6A5C8E206

Browny points for guessing the movie scene and system.

4 Likes

American Pyscho? First film , dunno the system.

Obviously the second photo is a Macintosh, and The Departed ?

1 Like

Not sure it’s the best but he used it well and I think as a film it probably struck a chord with many on the forum!

As would the book of course…

7 Likes

System in first picture is Harman Kardon but not sure which model(s).

Ah the days when , you ***just *** had to have a graphic equaliser.

Great book. Great film. Nakamichi 480Z. Class.

Morse with his Roksan and Naim kit, although he’s moved on to a crappy stacking system in the later episodes.

Not forgetting AP

7 Likes

Une heure de tranquillité. Movie with Christian Clavier.

5 Likes

I found that. Anyone knows that movie?

Clockwork Orange?

+1

You are sure? I found that pic when searching the french movie pic. All they said is that the speakers are Infinity Beta.

It’s definitely the Transcriptors turntable and B&O 5000 amp and tuner. I’m unsure about the speakers though. They aren’t Infinity IRS Betas, which look like this;

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has commented on the lack of dedicated support racks; obviously artistic license.

1 Like
4 Likes