Best Hi Fi on TV?

Good spot, I missed that. Feels like a nice in-joke for a Naim user to stick in.

1 Like

My view is that’s just a coincidence, however there are 43 ‘sparrows’ hidden throughout season 2.

Sparrow Easter eggs in Umbrella Academy

1 Like

Probably. But I prefer to think it’s as Eoink suggests…seems too random.

And it’s just Olive, not Olive Road, Street or Boulevard.

1 Like

Just watched When Bob Marley came to Britain (available on BBC iPlayer for the next year). A great documentary, incidentally, and well worth a watch.

For the purposes of this thread, though, scrub forward to 21:30 where you see Don Letts spin up his vinyl version of Catch a Fire. He’s using a Numark DJ turntable with a white audio-technica cartridge, a silver amp which looks a bit Arcam-y to me, and finally a pair of B&W 685 S2s which (trigger warning) are on their sides on a shelf.

Being the child of the 80s that I am, my favourite bit of kit was the valve amp with very fun and flashy LEDs on each tube. Anyone know what make/model it is?

Mark

Wot? No Radio Raheem boom box from Do the Right Thing?
aeaec6d5b4e0812a2ea8886634eeeda2

2 Likes

Never EVER use a business card that’s better than Christian Bale’s!

Regards,
Mark Dunn

Risky Business. Check out the Tragic Equalizer

2 Likes

Hank Moody’s system in Californication

5 Likes

Needs straightening, it offends the eye and obviously would sound better with components in perfect alignment.

2 Likes

No it is because the tripod rack doesn’t allow all the units to be straight and have the cables connected. It looks like that because the set designer actually hooked it up.

OK but I’d sack the set designer and purchase an appropriate rack.

1 Like

The directors must love specking out their films and reaping the spoils after filming :sweat_smile:

I reckon I have just seen an old Dual record deck a bit like my Dad’s 1019 in Roadkill

1 Like

We were watching The Departed at home last night, and my wife was first to utter a “look at that” re the Mcintosh system.

2 Likes

Just now on BBC lunch time news…in the background of a reporter doing a video link (hence poor quality).

6 Likes

In She’s gotta have it by Spike Lee one of main characters boyfriends has full McIntosh set. Can’t find the picture though, only this

Two slices.

And put some extra mozzarella on that mofo n s#it

:joy::joy:

Look like Aerius to me. Lovely.

Terrible placement though :joy:

3 Likes