Best internet radio anyone?

But I can’t find a URL !
OK Got one now.

1 Like

It’s also listed in Naim App under Internet Radio\Location\Oceania\New Zealand\Rock\

enjoy

2 Likes

Timewarp Ireland

URL https://stream1.themediasite.co.uk/8050/stream

A user on another topic @DJM mentioned this station.
It is a cracking station with pop, rock, oldies streaming in MP3/192. It has a great choice of music, no chatter, no ads, and blows Beeb and Absolute out of the water.
The SQ is excellent. If you like Radio Paradise Mellow Mix or similar suggest you give it a spin.

The VTuner link is out of date and being updated. @Stevesky has it in hand so should be sorted in a couple of days.

2 Likes

Yes Paul, it’s great station. No ads, no news. Just music! :+1:

@Stevesky has asked vTuner to update the station URL.

1 Like

Yes no inane beeb-style chatter either.
Recently went to Jazz FM (to check if it was still working) - there were ten adverts lasting three minutes then traffic etc. for one and a half - so four and a half minutes before any music!
I understand their business model but that is too much.
Please flag it up when Timewarp OK on VTuner.

1 Like

Will do Paul👍
Funnily enough, the station has been off air for most of the day.
I sent them a message via FB and they came back immediately. They’ve got a tech issue.

1 Like

Yes I saw that but back again OK now.

Always start the morning off with Totally Wired Radio

https://totallywiredradio.com/

This is trivial.

The Pizza is in a square box so things so you can easily find guides to cut the triangles. Like edges and stuff.

It‘s eaten in triangles, because is more easy to put the 30° pointy pizza corner in your mouth than other shapes.

I did not write it.
I prefer 60° slices!

The classical station Venice Classic Radio (VCR) now has two streams

Venice Classic Radio Auditorium (VCR1)
URL http://116.202.241.212:8010/stream

Venice Classic Radio Live (VCR2)
URL http://116.202.241.212:8020/stream

Or the box is square because it’s cheaper to make than a round one?

And the triangle is easy to fold in two into a curved shape and easier to eat with just one hand…

But I always eat pizza with fork and knife.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are not many of us left!

1 Like

Hi guys,

Re: Timewap Ireland - that is back working again in VTuner.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

3 Likes

Hi all. I’m so pleased that this topic is showing such longevity! Truly, you are all music lovers and I applaud and thank you for all the replies. As a direct result of your shares, I’ve discovered more jazz than I ever truly thought I would, listened to some wonderful classic music in a gently lit room with a decent glass of red wine (actually, that’s pretty much an accompaniment for any music, mabe not hard rock). But, I’m still yet to find someone to really match Radio Paradise. Reason? They don’t restrict themselves at any particular genre, so I still get artists I’ve never heard of doing their thing across all the spectrum. as well as some “blasts from the past” that make me dig out old CDs (regretfully, I have no vinyl) and refresh memories.

Are there any other stations (I’ve got FIP, thank you, I love it!) that compares to RP in terms of not restriciting themselves to any specific genre that you folks have come across?

Thank you in advance of any replies!

Y’all take care

Mike

1 Like

Timewarp Ireland referenced above is about the closest I’ve come across. Its a bit smooth radio without dj’s but has a fair variety. Other than that if you randomly listen to BBC 6 music you can get a fair selection from the sublime to the truly awful. BBC R1 of an evening can turn up some interesting new stuff, not all head banging as per their daytime output.

2 Likes

I second Timewarp Ireland - great content, no ads, no chatter, just music. Top SQ. credit @DJM

For Jazz also take a look at WRTI Jazz and WGBH Jazz 24/7 - they are both mentioned earlier in this thread. WRTI also has a classical channel. Great SQ. credit @opus

2 Likes

I have tried to encourage the topic as a “goto” place for Internet Radio info by posting here rather than starting new threads.
Credit to you @Victorthesecond for starting it.

Thank you…It’s my favourite radio station. :+1:

Thanks Paul, both for the kind comment and reference to Time Warp. I have a first generation MuSo which I love. But, I can’t find that station in the “iRadio” app on my 'phone? Is there another way I can access it?

In the meantime, a nice leisurely breakfast to day to the entire Pink Floyd’s “Echoes” on Radio Paradise. What a great way to start the day!

Take care, y’all

Mike