Best internet radio anyone?

Looked at Jazz Groove site and instructions on loading their 5 stations onto the Naim App.
Seems a bit confusing… any advice on best way to do this?
david

1 Like

Have you subscribed to The Jazz Groove Premium Plus?

The instructions to follow for Naim are at [Jazz Groove - Devices & Apps](https://jazzgroove dot org/devices?channel=mix1#naim)
Suggest you contact them if you have an issue.

But is there anyone who has already done this subscription and suggest simple instructions?

The method has changed since I made my donation - as a “proof of concept”.
I explained it in detail in an earlier post in this topic. That all worked fine for me.
See link Best internet radio anyone?

I think you just need to follow the new website instructions and I am sure it will work - they seem clear.
(NOTE - Not applicable for 1st Gen Mu-So and 1st Gen Naim streamers as they cannot play flac radio).

Can anyone confirm that without any subscription you only listen to one channel and that is the jazz groove west? Without any subscription you cannot listen to the 5 stations that are on their website! Right?

Without a subscription you can listen to two channels in mp3 - Mix #1 and Mix #2 (previously known as West and East). vTuner is years out of date with the channel names despite having been told.

1 Like

Thank you Paolo, you are very kind and expert…

1 Like

Well I was able to add the jazz groove “flac hi res” stations after joining as Premium Plus member.
Glad I did as the better resolution is nice
2 minor quibbles:

• on the Naim app the stations appear as generic diagram of a radio sending signals instead of a cool logo (as the standard Jazz Groove low res has). Thus all stations look the same in my favorites and hard to differentiate between stations- each one has printed names ie the jazz groove mix 1, jazz groove vocals,etc
  • I don’t see a way to skip tracks on the app (which is how I play my system) as opposed to the jazz groove website. But my streamer is controlled by Naim app on iPad

Besides these minor things, it is nice not having the frequent fund drive announcements
Glad I donated and got the SQ improvement!
David
Ps. Thanks to Paul C

1 Like

Thanks, can you send some pictures and explanation as to how it looks in the Naim App? I’m Interested in this channel of excellent jazz music…

To tired now, sorry
Just call the people at The Jazz Groove
Wonderful chap named Paul spent 25 min with me and walked me through it
I’m also a bit of a Luddite
It’s really worth it.
David

How good, me. I don’t speak English… :roll_eyes:

Strictly it is lossless flac (16/44.1) therefore not “hi-res”.
(Several stations call streams hi-res because they are higher resolution than their other streams.)
But SQ is excellent CD quality plus the other benefits, and I am sure you are enjoying it.

1 Like

Some happy Christmas radio stations:-

Radio Santa Claus (Finland)
Santa Radio
ChristmasRadio.FM
Christmas Songs Radio
Christmas UK (poor SQ)

Have users found some good Christmas stations?

I also found Radio Christmas Jazz. France. It seems good…

1 Like

On my App it is Hidef Radio. All are showing as 16 bit and either 44khz or 48khz so CD quality or slightly better. Generally, Hi Res means 24 bit at 44/48/96/192 kHz.

I am only finding these in MP3. Is that because I am using a 1st gen streamer? Can anyone confirm that on a 2nd gen streamer these stations all show in wac of flac?

Yes, native support for lossless iRadio only works on 2nd gen. streamers.

I think the App is referring to better quality not “Hi-Res”.

As ChrisSU pointed out you do not have flac radio on 1st gen streamers but most radio stations are still in mp3 or aac. A few but increasing number are available in flac, e.g. Radio Paradise, and some in hi-res e.g. SuperStereo 1-7.

I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record. But I just wish someone at Naim would get hold of their app and sort it out. My saga around searching for radio stations is already documented in this thread. Today, when I select ‘iRadio’, it tries briefly to show a screen ‘iRadio stations’ , complete with spinning wheek, and then defaults to ‘My Country’ . I cannot find a way to get it to anything else.

Please, Naim, get it sorted. We pay a lot of money for your stuff. Some can afford more than others but there must be plenty like me who only have a 1st gen MuSo and rely totally on the app to use the thing.