Best jokes

This thread is a poster child for a topic not living up to its title.

Here we go again, scraping the bottom of the ‘jokes’ barrel for some sexist claptrap.

1 Like

If you have no sense of humour, don’t read the jokes thread, simples!

15 Likes

On a tangent, but when asked how many people work in our firm, I usually reply ‘About half of them…’

4 Likes

On the same tangent; when asked what it’s like being employed by the firm, some will answer: " it’s better than working for a living".

2 Likes

10 Likes

As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, “If I’m going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman.” She removes all her clothing and asks, “Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?” A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, “Here, iron this!”.

6 Likes

Hmmm. Provocative. New Zealand may just be far enough away for safety!!

1 Like

I’m happy for @Richard.Dane to be the arbiter.

How many times can you subtract 10 from 100?

Once. Next time you would be subtracting 10 from 90.

4 Likes

1626967440_3xxwfwbz7k
1626967485_ldv59rpm3k
1626967503_7lnqy4nxvc-1

7 Likes

5 Likes

Except you well know he won’t be. He often indicated he will just remove anything that’s flagged from this thread.

As ever, re. moderation of the jokes thread, it’s difficult to be judge for all cultures, backgrounds, race and gender, so it’s up to the members to flag anything up to mods that they find highly offensive here.

1 Like

8 Likes

Fair enough.

I’m interested to hear a reason why it’s ok to post a joke like this one:

In my view it is sexist and feeds into a culture of excluding women from erstwhile male pursuits, and as a consequence I would be surprised if Naim wanted to permit it, but I’m open to arguments to the contrary.

(Before anyone says ‘lighten up,’ don’t worry, I’m not worked up about it. Just curious to hear a defence for why it should stay.)

3 Likes

znai, you have explained why you feel it is sexist, but I note that you have not flagged it up. Does this mean you aren’t sure?

If I had to judge, I would say that it likely is not particularly derogatory to any one sex, although if anything it perhaps makes the golf pro the butt of the joke here (no mention of whether a man or woman) for the misunderstanding. On the scale of offensiveness, I’d say this one is pretty mild. I’m open to other ideas though for the reasons I cite above.

In contrast, at least one of the other jokes I did remove was plainly sexist and derogatory to women.

6 Likes

I’m not going to try to defend that particular joke (for what it’s worth, I smiled when I first read it) since, as Richard pointed out above, what each of us finds funny is largely instinctive and very culturally- and context-predictated. Any attempt I’ve ever seen to explain humour usually fails.

If you don’t like the joke, that’s fine: as Richard says, flag it and it will, most likely, be removed.

Mark

1 Like

I do think it crosses the line, I was just open to input on why it should remain. I think many would at best roll their eyes at it, “between the first and second holes” and all that.

I noticed a few others had gone, cheers for that :slight_smile:

Ian

1 Like

Unfortunately tasteless immature humour from an apparent adult is not a reason for deletion.

10 Likes

As many times as you like…

…you just have to start from 100 again!

2 Likes