Best jokes

Pinched.

11 Likes

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ca0

3 Likes

Not a joke. So much not a joke. And yet - plus ça change…

16 Likes

18 Likes

Very funny, but sadly not an actual Pepys quotation so, in fact, it is ‘just’ a joke. Still very apposite, though.

One of the clues is the use of the word ‘pox’ - Pepys only uses this to mean smallpox (or occasionally swinepox or very rarely a generic synonym for an STI). When Pepys refers to Bubonic Plague, especially in 1665, he always calls it ‘the plague’.

…and so back to the jokes.

Mark

4 Likes

What a shame. And I actually checked too. Upon rechecking my checking I find that it has become so established that it gets dozens of entries on google, hence my mistake. But the message is valid I guess.

Talking of which If you are on Twitter, then a parody Pepys/Mark Francois account (“Mark ne Francois pas”) is well worth following.

1 Like

Galileo once said:
“You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.”
He also said “Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango” … Makes you think, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

10 Likes

An Englishman an Englishman and an Englishman go into a pub.

10 Likes

Barbers and public toilets both opened today to the public.

Experts predict a record amount of number 2’s.

1 Like

21 Likes

I recently bought a bottle of brown sauce which carried the warning ‘Do not use if seal is broken’.
As soon as I opened it, the seal broke, immediately rendering it unusable. I was wondering, how many other innocent shoppers, especially pensioners, have fallen for this evil scam?

20 Likes

That joke was so bad I just had to give you a “like”! Keep them coming :grinning:

I really, really hate those bleach blocks that people put in toilets.
Sorry - I just had to get that out of my cistern.

7 Likes

13 Likes

20 Likes

Hugh,

Those 3 are absolutely brilliant! Thanks.

steve

3 Likes

28 Likes

15 Likes