Best jokes

Oh no! I didn’t realise it had been posted before. :frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s clearly a poorly cobbled together edit I’m afraid… Taking a place with lots of windows already and adding even more!

I bet the window cleaner hates that house, a real pane in the arse.

4 Likes

Yes - I rather assumed it was.

This isn’t a joke, it’s a true story.

I am on the phone to my solicitor , who has gone away to check something that looks as if it’s kept in their office in the adjoining village

My rescue (and very insecure) cat parks herself on my lap and starts purring , I start to stroke her and tell her that she’s lovely and has wonderful whiskers

At which point the lady solicitor comes back on and demands to know if I’m talking to her

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Hopefully she was demonstrating her fine sense of humour!

2 Likes

I was sternly spoken to :joy:

The exact words were ''Are you talking to me?"

2 Likes

And did the solicitor have wonderful whiskers?

1 Like

She had a voice like stoker who had been gargling with liquid tobacco, that’s one of the things that made it memorable

4 Likes

16 Likes

16 Likes

Decided not get the lambda variant, I’m holding out for Mu

2 Likes

True story. A friend was pulled over for speeding on the motorway on his motorbike, girlfriend (now wife) on the back.
Cop: “Do you realise you were travelling at ____ mph?”
GF: “Oh, officer, he usually goes much faster!”

3 Likes

Were you in real trouble or was it a close shave?!

1 Like

For those of a certain age, this could also be titled:

Norman ‘bites yer legs’ Hunter and Ron ‘Chopper’ Harris woz 'ere c.1970.

4 Likes

Neat. Eddie Gray has appeared in the Euro 2021 thread today too.

From Mr Keaveny on 6M yesterday:

Given the expected covid cases climbing significantly over the foreseeable future, how does the BBC intend to ensure Strictly makes it to air? Easy - they’ll have Tests Daily.

6 Likes

I think I got charged for the time spent looking for the document, I suppose like all things it’s best viewed from the other side , she goes looking for something , finds it comes back to the phone and finds the person she was speaking to telling her ‘‘that she’s lovely and has wonderful whiskers’’

I love anecdotes like this - you couldnt make them up!

1 Like

Hobby suggestion

20 Likes

As posted by an old shipmate on social media, followed by something from a ‘drinking’ companion.

13 Likes