Best jokes

9 Likes

Re Lantern, we used Medium Wave, for when not all of the information gets through to the recipient.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to be the receptionist who works here…

11 Likes

Spoke to the main receptionist yesterday Fanny Smith.

I did have a client called Michael Hunt. An odd type but he did insist on being called Mike. I never figured out if he was a bit sly, or ignorant of the context.

I’ve also had Anita Busch, Hugh Jeffart and Ronald McDonald!

2 Likes

And there’s a Mike Oxlong, who works for Microsoft

1 Like

12 Likes

Not only was my French teacher in school Ronald McDonald, he also had curly red hair.

1 Like

Then there was Mike Ash, who worked in Lloyds Bank in Corn Street. “Hello, I’d like to speak to…”

3 Likes

When I worked in a high street bank we had a customer with the surname of ‘Barrow’.

They thought it was hilarious when they named their son ‘William’ which would inevitably be shortened to ‘Will’.

Some people really shouldn’t be allowed to be parents.

4 Likes

Went to school with James Bond and Michael Caine …

Also used to call on a really nice guy called … Fred West

It could be worse, somewhere out there - people could have the same name as certain politicians

3 Likes

We had a student from Wales named John Thomas, apparntly that euphemism isn’t widely known where he lived. I hope he quickly learnt how to own a nickname.

2 Likes

Somewhere there will have been a hastily replaced sign over a shop.
“Fred West, Family Butcher”

3 Likes

I bought a Sweeny & Todd’s pie last week - and asked if it was made at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop - met with a look of total bafflement

2 Likes

some teacher friends of mine told me of a child named Richard Soley - which became R.Soley in registration calls.

1 Like

The father must have known that… before the child was named .

I wouldn’t pass out there if I was him.

1 Like

John Thomas (centre) - guitarist from Welsh band Budgie. He replaced Tony Bourge when he left

1 Like

Gone.

9 Likes